Ibis Budget Hotel Sydney Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Felix Hotel(Mascot)
  • Room Service
Travelodge Hotel Sydney Airport(Mascot)
2,265 results
All reviewsfast food outletscontinental breakfastan overnight stayrooms are smallshort staycremefly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I needed somewhere last-minute that was affordable to stay near Sydney airport and the Stamford Plaza and Holiday Inn were too expensive, so the Hotel Formule 1 had to do. At $129 it wasn't dirt cheap either. I had stayed at the Melbourne airport Formule 1 and thought it was quite good so I was expecting a reasonable stay here. Check in was smooth and fast. A bit of a rabbit warren trying to find my room, but once inside it was pretty much what I expected. Cheap, no frills and very small. That was OK. No problems. The bed was very hard and it moved around a lot, almost like a mattress on roller skates. Very uncomfortable. The bathroom is bigger than the ones at Melbourne airport and the TV is a small flat screen type embedded into the wall. It picks up the standard free-to-air channels. The walls were filthy (see pics provided). Disgusting. I have never seen anything like it. Surely someone could clean them every now and then? Air-con only goes down as a far as 19 degrees celcius, but it wasn't hot a hot day fortunately. No fridge in room, which was disappointing (the Melbourne one had one). Overall it was a place to rest your head for one night before flying out the next day. There is a McDonalds, Krispy Kreme and KFC virtually next door which means a quick dinner option (albeit unhealthy) so it's quite handy for a fast meal if that's what you want. You get one bar of soap, but no shampoo or conditioner so keep this in mind before you come. I had little choice to stay here because of the cost of the other nearby hotels (NRL grand final weekend) and I would maybe stay here again if I was priced out of the Stamford Plaza. Reception was effecient and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 1, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This Formule 1 hotel is great for its purpose. I spent the night prior to an early morning flight.

I parked my car in the hotel lot and walked just a few steps to the lobby. Check in was fast, friendly and efficient. My room was small, clean and well-deigned. I felt like it could have come from IKEA. All I needed was a good sleep, a hot shower and proximity to the airport. I got all three.

A TV was well-placed for viewing from the bed. There was a small desk, reading lights, and a place to hang my clothes for the next day.

The room was surprisingly quiet given it is almost located on a runway!

I did not get to use the breakfast area or laundry, but it was nice to know they are available. My only qualm was that I thought wireless Internet access was priced too high.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank jetalcott
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I have stayed at the Formule 1 Sydney airport on a number of occasions now.
It certainly takes the worry away if you are flying into Sydney for an international departure the next day.
There is no need to worry about weather or airline delays and you get to sleep in longer on the day you head off overseas.

Its basic as all Formule 1 are but clean, well positioned and not expensive by Australian standards.
Charge about $aud6 each for transport to the international terminal which I think is a bit high and also have to pay for breakfast if you want that.
Easy to walk too from the Sydney domestic terminals..all flat.
Fast food outlets next door if you are inclined.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are similar
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ushy
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed for one night last week, rooms are very basic but clean, good shower, friendly helpful staff. Did get lost trying to find it, arrived by train to the Airport and directions we were given were not helpful hence we ended up on wrong side of a very busy road. More signage would be good. Overall we were happy staying there and would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple