“Great for an overnight”

There are newer reviews for Ibis Budget Hotel Sydney Airport

A TripAdvisor Member
Sydney
Reviewed March 28, 2011

This hotel is well-priced for the purpose of a bed and a shower and for staying overnight close to the airport.
I walked to the domestic airport and also noticed there were transfer buses outside the hotel at 5.30 am when I left.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 25, 2011

I left my wallet at another hotel in Sydney. Adam got on the phone to the other hotel, located my wallet and it was hand delivered to the Hotel Formule 1, locked in a safe until I returned a week later. None of my money or credit cards etc. were used. I was very impressed with the help I received from the hotel staff.

Having said that, it is a bear bones hotel to stay in, just a bed. Everything was clean and the staff was wonderful. We used the storage lockers to store luggage for a week at a total fee of $6.00. When I needed a hair dryer one was provided by the hotel. Our needs were met for an inexpensive one night stay at the airport. Would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 25, 2011

We chose to stay at this hotel due to the closeness of the airport. Stayed one night and that was long enough. The rooms are tiny with no room to move.
We ate at the Mcdonalds next door to the hotel. I would not bother with the so called continental breakfast. It is $7 per head and is a self serve buffet style of basic cereals etc. Did not look appealing to me.
Staff are not overly friendly and you definitely feel like you are staying in a "cattle class" hotel.

1  Thank Madjude
An Accor traveler
adelaide
Reviewed March 23, 2011

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2011

I had a short stay in Sydney and decided to get something near the airport for my flight home to Vancouver the next morning. There was a map of choices at the airport information desk and this 'hotel' was close enough to walk to----definitely needed transport to the International Terminal the next day. I had been told by the Airport Information Desk that there was no restaurant on site, but the hotel told me there were many restaurants within easy walking distance. I am a fit 64 yr. old woman and walking is not a problem. Unfortunately it began to rain shortly after check-in and the distance to any worthwhile restaurant was much farther than advertised and out of the question in inclement weather. Immediately next door to the Formule 1 is a Krispy Kreme donuts and a McDonald's----that's it. My room looked like a jungle gym with an unsightly bunk bed at right angles to the bed below. There was no closet and no PHONE in the room. No bath, just a shower curtain enclosure in a tiny bathroom. There was a 12 inch TV attached to the wall with a large sign declaring itself to be 'theft-proof'---as if anyone would bother. The staff were unhelpful. I did check when I arrived to see what this place was like for any sign of bugs and it did appear to be clean otherwise I would have left immediately. This is a hostel masquerading as a hotel-----never again!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank SuperstewYVR
Reviewed March 20, 2011

Be warned this place is a complete dump & waste of time and money!! We stayed in room 629 on Saturday 19th March when it was pouring with rain - not only outside, but inside too. The rain poured thru the supposedly sealed windows and straight into our suitcases, soaking everything. We were not offerred an apology, refund or even another room. The room was filthy dirty to begin with and the staff unhelpful. The building should be condemned and the staff sent to a residential school for training!!

2  Thank Makere