“Lost in translation” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Mascot
Gosford, Australia
“Lost in translation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

Great location for the international traveler, 2 minutes from both the train station and departure level.
I had made one small request which i was told was done when i checked in.
I think the request was lost in translation,no great drama it must be my Kiwi accent, lol.
However It was promptly and politely seen to.
The staff try hard and are professional.Their heart is in the right place.
Good modern room but i would have preferred the shower to be a tad hotter.
The room was quiet and spacious and the bed very comfortable.
I invested in a toasted Sandwich the next morning in the cafe which was a bit average to be honest .
I am staying there again in early September and would recommend the property.
I would rate it beside Rydges in Auckland which is a good hotel also.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 528956John_C
Tish N, General Manager at Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
I really appreciate you taking the time to provide us with some wonderful feedback – we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back again in September!

Tish

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (898)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a family room. It was cosy but clean. The location is perfect for international departures and checkin and checkout were fast and efficient. Bed was comfortable and the room was very quiet.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
It is so pleasing to see another comment on our wonderful location!

I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Still great since writing last review.
Foyer has improved with the addition of some art work on large wall above reception.
However, am still not a fan of the opaque glass in the toilet door. I like my privacy!
A hotel at the airport has been needed for a very long time.
So convenient.
Rooms are a good size with a comfortable bed that use quality linens.
Agree with another reviewer re: Sports Bar meals. Had the Nachos - way below average.
The upstairs restaurant is a far better option, though more expensive. (Being a priority member helps defray the expense.)
Will continue to stay here whenever I have the opportunity to travel overseas.

Room Tip: Choose an airport view in order to see the planes arriving and departing.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tish N, General Manager at Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
It is great to see that you liked the new addition of the artwork in the lobby!

I have taken your comments in regards to the sports bar on board and am currently reviewing.

I look forward to welcoming you back again next time you travel overseas.

Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Got put in here because my flight was cancelled. Very nice, quick check in condsidering the number of us - excellent customor service. Lovely room, I won't put any pictures up because the ones there are spot on Very comfortable.

The reason I haven't given it 5 stars is the food. I ordered fillet steak on room service rare - it came medium to well done. Also, a chicken caesar salad and my chicken was all pink. Unless, the Australian chickens are a different colour to the UK ones, they were trying to make me ill! I didn't bother to send them back as I wasn't that hungry anyway, but if I had been paying I would of...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It is extremely pleasing to see another comment on our amazing Rydges Dream Beds!

I am however very disappointed to hear about your experience with room service – this is definitely not acceptable service, please accept my sincere apologises for the inconvenience and frustration that would have been caused. I have just spoken to the Kitchen to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss this further.

I hope we can welcome you back again.

Kind Regards,

Gold Coast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Finding the hotel is a bit of challenge, we just followed our nose. Definitely helps being a priority member so join for free before you book. Meals are average in the sports bar, we should have walked across the road to the terminal, Room good but not fantastic. Great for a stop over.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
It is disappointing to read your review and see that you didn’t enjoy your stay 100%

However it is very pleasing to see that you found our location great for a stopover.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

This is a just great hotel. The room was gorgeous as was the bathroom and the bed was big and comfy and just gorgeous…just what you need to help you sleep well before a 20+ hour flight the next day. It is literally across the road from the International airport, it is within walking distance, so the location is great. The breakfast, that was included in our room fee, was just fantastic. It had everything…bacon, eggs, cereals, fruit, yoghurts, fresh juices, coffee…and that's just to name a few. The staff were really friendly and helpful. My only complaint was the bar in the lobby - the food was not the best…but maybe that's because we ordered nacho's…but then, how can you really stuff up nacho's? Either way they were terrible! They also had a deal on a sign in the front window they wouldn't honour because the deal had expired…umm, then why still have the special on the front window then? The bar staff, while very friendly, were unbelievably slow. It was getting beyond a joke how long each drink was taking to get to us. C'mon management, you know Friday night is going to be busy, put more staff on! It's not as though you don't charge enough for your drinks to pay for it! I'd get some food on the way to the hotel, as from what I saw the room service prices are through the roof. Same with the drink prices at the bar (unbelievably through the roof)…visit a bottle-o before you check in! Save yourself some time and money! All in all, it was a great hotel and we were pleasantly surprised for the value for money we got - especially being Sydney and especially being at the airport. When we fly again we will be staying at the Rydges again for sure….and if you want your holiday to get off to a relaxing and luxurious start, then I highly recommend you stay here also!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to provide me with some very valuable feedback – it really does help improve both our products and services.

I have taken your feedback in regards to the bar on board and am currently reviewing it as we speak. I am however very happy to see that you enjoyed the rest of your stay!

I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Disley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stayed here for one night mainly because our flight got into Sydney at 22:05 and we didn't fancy trekking into the city at that time of night after going through bag retrieval and immigration.
It turned out to be a very good choice. Literally across the road from the arrivals hall entrance/exit, so no taxis or other dramas. Reception was excellent and as our shuttle bus wasn't picking us up till 2pm the following day we had asked for a late checkout - which was provided at no extra charge. The room was excellent with a superb bathroom and a really comfortable bed - and amazingly quiet considering it was across the road from the airport - we didn't hear a single plane and in fact slept so well we missed the included breakfast !!!!
Had a very nice lunch in the bar and then our bus collected us from right outside the door. Perfect.

Room Tip: Our room was at the back overlooking the car park and we didn't hear a thing.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are definitely in the perfect location for stays like yours!

It is extremely pleasing to hear you had the perfect stay – I look forward to sharing this feedback with the team.

Tish
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mascot
Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport
Ibis Budget Hotel Sydney Airport
Holiday Inn Sydney Airport
Mercure Sydney International Airport
Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Airport
Ibis Sydney Airport

Been to Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!