“Great room”

Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Mascot
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

I stayed 1 night flying back to Canada. The hotel was great. Under staffed and confusing check in.
Room was a bit small but well appointed. Bed was incredible. Bathroom area was great with large rain shower. Hotel is very soundproofed.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Tish N, General Manager at Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Sorry to hear that check in was confusing; we do our best to simplify things wherever possible so thank you for providing feedback on your experience.

We are very proud of our Dream Beds that we have created with AH Beard for all of our Hotels and you can purchase them for yourself via our website if you follow the links.

Tish

Write a ReviewReviews (4,026)

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Checked in at 10pm on New Years Eve on a overnight layover before a flight next morning to Perth.

Positives
- Conveniently located with in 200m of international arrivals
- Free shuttle ever 30 minutes to the domestic terminal
- Room is clean, well furnished
- Bed is comfortable
- Excellent size TV
- Room service was prompt and quality of food was good and well priced
- Decent shower and water pressure

Negatives
- No doorman to assist with bags
- Rooms a little to small for my liking
- Laying on the bed you can hear all the noises from the toilet as there is no door to the bathroom
- Bathroom and bedroom bench space limited

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Feedback is a vital part of Hospitality; we take everything on board and are grateful for any feedback received as it gives us the opportunity to improve on our services and products.

It is unfortunate that you were not able to enjoy the layout of the room, next time you do stay with us be sure to book one of our Suites that have a separate bathroom.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I stayed one night on my way to the US. I had a lot of luggage but there was no doorman to help with the door or the luggage. Not a good sign. Check-in was fine. The room was nice, not very big but adequate. I did not like the fact that the bathroom did not have a door. I guess that is how all this comtemporary design is nowadays, but I still don't like it. There was an opaque door on the toilet cubicle. The shower was one of those rainshower devices. There was no light in the shower so most of it was in darkness. The only light came from the fitting outside the shower area. There was only one hook to hang a towel, no towel rail. I ordered room serve which arrived promptly and was very nice but not cheap.

While the hotel is close to the airport you still have walk a distance, and negotiate a road and find the elevator.

So for an overnight stay I think this hotel is fine but I wouldn't want to stay here for any length of time.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

I would like to start by thanking you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. At the Hotel we have rooms which feature an enclosed bathroom which might be better suited to your requirements and likes, maybe next time you stay with us you can book this room type.

Our location is perfect for that quick stay over before an early flight so you can not have the hassle of battling the early morning traffic. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel next time you are in Sydney.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed here twice - once at the start of our overseas holiday, then again on the return. For interstate travellers who cannot get same-day connecting flights, this hotel is perfect. It is located a short walk from the international terminal & offers shuttle services to domestic airport. Both times we stayed the rooms were very comfortable (ample soft pillows) and have well appointed bathrooms. For those who do not wish to eat at the hotel, the airport terminal has a number of venues offering quality meals.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for such positive feedback Deb, so glad to hear that you enjoyed our stay for both the beginning and end of your Holiday.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

After having an upsetting experience at Sydney International Airport, we were able to get a room at Rydges International Airport Hotel. We would like to say a BIG THANKYOU to the manager Ross and staff Anna and Adam for all their friendly smiles, kindness and for all their help. Being greated by friendly and helpful staff really helps make things seem better after going through a bad experience of dealing with unfriendly people at the airport on Christmas Day. The room was great and very clean! Being so close to the airport we could not even hear the planes taking off or landing. The bed was super comfy.
Thank you again to all that we had contact with and we would recommend this hotel to anyone!
Sondra and David

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Sandy, WOW, thank you so much for your feedback.

I look forward to sharing your feedback with my staff and thanking them personally from you,

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We had a unexpected return to Sydney when our plane had a fault. We were put in a king room with a very comfy bed and pillows. Check in was speedy despite the large volume of passengers waiting in line. Bar meal was well cooked and delicious.

Room Tip: Could not comment on value as the airline paid.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Happy to hear that you were able to experience our famous Rydges Dream Beds Maureen, they are the pride and joy of Rydges and are featured in all of our Hotels.

Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel next time you are in Sydney.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

My airline was not able to make my connection in Sydney and booked me at the Rydges after a long flight from the U.S..Everything about the room was perfect - clean, comfortable, and convenient. As I was on business and traveling alone, the open floor plan worked for me and I really enjoyed the open shower (nice touch). More restaurant choices would me nice, but overall a stay that helped adjust after the flight from the U.S..

Room Tip: The side of the hotel away from the airport runways should be quieter. I stayed on the runway side a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

It is fantastic to receive such positive feedback, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again next time your travel brings you into Sydney.

Tish

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mascot
Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport
Pullman Sydney Airport
Pullman Sydney Airport
#2 of 12 in Mascot
Mantra Hotel at Sydney Airport
Ibis Budget Hotel Sydney Airport
Holiday Inn Sydney Airport
Mercure Sydney International Airport

Been to Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!