“Very handy to the Airport”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Mascot
GreenLeadersSilver level
Anna Bay, Australia
“Very handy to the Airport”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great hotel close to Sydney airport and not too far to the King Street shops in Newtown for a bite t to eat and shopping. The shuttle bus service was also helpful in getting to the plane on time. Will definitely be staying herer again when I need to catch a plane from Sydney to any other destination.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Georgetown, Canada
Reviewed April 1, 2013

A very basic room but clean with blackout curtains and quiet. An excellent choice if you want good sleeping accommodation at a reasonable price near the Sydney airport. Half hourly shuttle service to/from both airport terminals for $6. I did not use the dining room so cannot comment on it. There is a Subway sandwich shop about three blocks away towards the train station.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Palmerston North, New Zealand
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Very clean and tidy, if I may suggest an indication from entry to where reception is located?
breakfast above average and true to value. overall staff very pleasant and friendly.Location ideal for overseas travellers having two days available, local transport trains ideal and handy,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Cairns
Reviewed March 24, 2013

For an overnight stay close to the airport I was very pleased. The rooms had comfortable beds and all that you need to accomodate your stay. It is a hotel designed for the airport traveller so it is not a holiday hotel a such. The staff were very helpful and pleasant ready for all your needs. The restaurant had wonderful food too. If you just doing overnight between flights I would highly reccommend this hotel. I would stay again if waiting for fights in Sydney :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hussein A, Manager at Ibis Sydney Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear mandydoneit,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Sydney Airport. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I'm glad you enjoyed our new ibis "Sweet Beds" - we are very proud of them!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 24, 2013

room very small and basic, clean but way overpriced. definately not worth the rate charged they did not charge for parking because the checkin staff said we already had a very high rate. Check in and check out staff very friendly

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear patx2_13,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Sydney Airport. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I had an early meeting on Monday morning in Sydney so flew in the night before to stay at the airport and then take a train from the airport to the city. But, I won't do that again. I waited 45 minutes for the shuttle bus to arrive to take us there, by which time the bar closed (at 10pm), no mini bar and very inflexible late night room service (I just wanted some fruit). It took us 50 minutes to go back to the airport to catch the train in the morning in the shuttle bus because of the gridlock traffic. I will need to rethink this for next visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

2 Thank WMA007
Dear Guest,

I am concerned to hear of your delays in transit to and from the hotel. I will share your feedback with our partner, Sydney Super Shuttle, in an effore to prevent future occurrence.

Ballina, Australia
Reviewed March 23, 2013

So convenient for an early international flight. Lovely staff and GREAT food - the steak was amazing. I asked for rare it came out medium so I sent it back and when my next one arrived it was the best steak I'd ever eaten. Good value if you are an advantage plus member.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Lissalh,

I have shared your comments with our kitchen team - they were thrilled to hear such wonderful comments!