We booked the accommodation over the internet, and were both looking forward to our stay at what we thought was a reputable hotel. Our check-in encounter was less than expected, with only one employee dealing with all check-ins and enquiries at that particular time. The female employee that eventually served us hardly went out of her way at all to make us feel welcome. There were no instructions on the facilities available or any help with parking our car. We also did not receive any help to carry our baggage, not even any offers. We were then left to figure out which floor our room was on and how to park our car. On subsequent return to the hotel in our vehicle on two other occasions (late at night), we found that the car park gate was shut and we had to make our way around to the reception area to rouse a staff member to open the gate for us. (This is not an easy task if you are in your car down the driveway – possibly just a key to open the door would be easier?)
On arrival at our room, we found that our mini-bar key was not working and there were no bathrobes made available for our use (the information on the internet stipulated that there were bathrobes supplied). Furthermore, the shower pressure was very low, making it difficult to shower/clean oneself.
We were also looking forward to having thorough work-outs in the gym, however found that a lot of the machinery was faulty or broken (two rowing machines, a bike, a treadmill, a chin/dip machine). The air-conditioning appeared to be too low or out of order because it was extremely hot inside the gym. There were no towels and also no cups to have a drink of water. To top it all off, the spa was out of order, and it felt like the supposedly heated pool wasn’t at all heated. Outside around the pool area was messy, with dirty crockery, glassware and dirty towels lying around. Even the bathroom/change room facilities for the pool area were untidy, with dirty towels lying around. The shower cubical in the female change room was very dimly lit and thus posed a very serious risk of a possible slip or fall. If we had known that the advertised facilities were in such a state, we would have chosen to stay somewhere else.
We did not make use of any of the room services or restaurants; however I hope that they are certainly not at a level anything like what the other services and facilities have been.
Upon checking out, we also had an unpleasant experience, again having to wait a considerable time before being served (one staff member on duty). The female staff member was again very indifferent and didn’t even care to ask whether we enjoyed our stay.
Being a regular traveller to Sydney and frequent user of top hotels in the Sydney area, we have found that our experience at Stamford Sydney Airport left us feeling dissatisfied and displeased considering the fact that our expectations were not even that high. Simple customer service is not much to ask for as well as properly operating facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sydney's Best Airport Hotel as awarded for five consecutive years by Skytrax. Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport Hotel is your best luxury accommodation in Sydney. Located directly opposite the Domestic Terminal and minutes from the International terminal. It's the ideal business base for you to meet or discover all that Sydney has to offer - just 20 minutes drive from the Central Business District, Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney Opera House and the Royal Botanic Gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport Hotel Mascot
- Stamford Plaza Hotel Sydney