“Good Airport Stopover”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Mascot
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed here for one night whilst on a stop over. We had a twin room with two double beds and there was plenty of room the travel cot we brought with us. Room was pretty standard but very clean and very comfortable.

Restaurant was very good, it wasn't busy and the staff really looked after the kids.

Only thing I wasn't that impressed with is the price of Internet access, it was about $25 AUS for 2 devices. Hotel internet access in Australia is generally rubbish and expensive, it worked well enough but would be nice if Australia caught up with the rest of the world where internet access is free. Make free decent internet access a reason to stay at your hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank AdamWorld
BenNesbitt, Rooms Division Manager at Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thanks for posting a review!

We are so pleased you rated us, as a 'good airport stopover', and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Next time you visit, book directly online at our Stamford Hotels & Resorts website, and we will include the internet for you- free of charge!

Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport

Write a ReviewReviews (2,616)

Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Stamford was just what I needed before a long flight to Chile the next day, comfy bed, good room service dinner and breakfast nice big room to repack the bag. Felt a little out of place there as a backpacker tho as its quite fancy. Got a good deal well in advance and glad I stayed.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank selmorott

Thanks for posting a review!

I hope you had a great time in Chile, and thanks for posting a review!

See you next time you jet set off around the world,

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I decided to book the Stamford Plaza as a final treat for my lovely wife after a long holiday which included a cruise to New Zealand. You could see the commitment to service. All members of the Stamford team broke out of their paradigms making our short stay very enjoyable. We stayed on level 12 and must say it was well worth it, our sleep was not disturbed and we appreciated the late check out. Food is not a problem at this establishment with a number of eateries. Parking is available with a regular shuttle to both Demestic and International terminals.

Room Tip: If travelling within Australia cheaper rates are found in "The Entertainment Book" availab...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen B

Thanks for posting a review!

I am so pleased the team looked after you during your stay with us, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Next visit, book via our Stamford & Resorts website, and we guarantee the lowest available rate, and will even throw in complimentary internet access.

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

There were a few stuff ups with our booking that were their fault. Minimal effort was made to rectify and staff, bar those in the restaurant, were quite abrupt and rude. Standard of the hotel was okay, clean rooms Etc so okay for a one night stay.
The food at the restaurant was quite nice, if a little pricey.

• Stayed: February 2013
BenNesbitt, Rooms Division Manager at Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Thanks for posting a review!

Glad you enjoyed our clean rooms for your one night stay at Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport, and we do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I initially stayed at the Stamford Plaza at the end of December and had a rather mixed stay. I left an honest and truthful review on TripAdvisor and was subsequently contacted by both Ben (the Rooms Division manager) as well as the general manager of the hotel. I was not at all expecting that (I've never been contacted after any of my reviews for other locations and sometimes feel like noone listens to the feedback) and it was definitely a pleasant surprise.

Mention of my review was clearly listed on my file as I was VERY well looked after during my stay, but even before I said my name I noticed a drastic improvement in customer service from my previous stay. This time the clerk was warm and welcoming rather than the coldness and disinterested people I encountered on my last stay.

I was in room 1036 which had an amazing view over the runway and very clean throughout. It was also right down the end of the corridor which helped to minimise noise from outside the room. I did notice of the four pillows on my bed two were soft and two were firm- this realisation first hit in the wee hours of the morning when I woke up uncomfortable so make sure you decide which you want before you go to sleep!

I ate in the restaurant this time and quite enjoyed it. The food was delicious and a great atmosphere.

In my last review I said (short of having a non-refundable booking already organised) I would choose to stay elsewhere in the future. This trip (regardless of all of the extras i was provided) has well and truly changed my mind about the services offered by the Stamford and they will now be my airport hotel of choice. Congratulations team!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Novocastrian_Ash

Thanks for posting a review and thanks for giving us a second chance!

See you on your next visit,

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Staff were very friendly which is all you want after more then 12 hours of flying. The free hotel shuttle to and from the Airport is very handy and a big plus. The rooms are big, clean and very comfy beds. Free wifi however would have been great.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ctemplin

Thanks for posting a review!

12 hours on a plane- yuck! but I'm pleased the team looked after you when you arrived- we understand that travelling takes its toll!

Next time you visit, please book direct via the hotels Stamford & Resorts website, and we'll include Internet for you- complimentary!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

The Raffles suite was luxuriously large and comfortable. Just what we needed to begin a long journey back to the Kimberley. The bed was soft the pillows fluffy and room service prompt and helpful. The food was very tasty. we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Becky I

Thanks for posting a review!

Nothing like the Luxurious Raffles Suite prior to heading back to the Kimberley!

Glad you enjoyed your stay, and see you again soon,