“It pays to give a second chance!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Mascot
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
“It pays to give a second chance!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I initially stayed at the Stamford Plaza at the end of December and had a rather mixed stay. I left an honest and truthful review on TripAdvisor and was subsequently contacted by both Ben (the Rooms Division manager) as well as the general manager of the hotel. I was not at all expecting that (I've never been contacted after any of my reviews for other locations and sometimes feel like noone listens to the feedback) and it was definitely a pleasant surprise.

Mention of my review was clearly listed on my file as I was VERY well looked after during my stay, but even before I said my name I noticed a drastic improvement in customer service from my previous stay. This time the clerk was warm and welcoming rather than the coldness and disinterested people I encountered on my last stay.

I was in room 1036 which had an amazing view over the runway and very clean throughout. It was also right down the end of the corridor which helped to minimise noise from outside the room. I did notice of the four pillows on my bed two were soft and two were firm- this realisation first hit in the wee hours of the morning when I woke up uncomfortable so make sure you decide which you want before you go to sleep!

I ate in the restaurant this time and quite enjoyed it. The food was delicious and a great atmosphere.

In my last review I said (short of having a non-refundable booking already organised) I would choose to stay elsewhere in the future. This trip (regardless of all of the extras i was provided) has well and truly changed my mind about the services offered by the Stamford and they will now be my airport hotel of choice. Congratulations team!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Novocastrian_Ash
BenNesbitt, Rooms Division Manager at Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thanks for posting a review and thanks for giving us a second chance!

See you on your next visit,

Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Korean first
Suva, Fiji
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Staff were very friendly which is all you want after more then 12 hours of flying. The free hotel shuttle to and from the Airport is very handy and a big plus. The rooms are big, clean and very comfy beds. Free wifi however would have been great.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Ctemplin
Thanks for posting a review!

12 hours on a plane- yuck! but I'm pleased the team looked after you when you arrived- we understand that travelling takes its toll!

Next time you visit, please book direct via the hotels Stamford & Resorts website, and we'll include Internet for you- complimentary!

Derby, Western Australia, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

The Raffles suite was luxuriously large and comfortable. Just what we needed to begin a long journey back to the Kimberley. The bed was soft the pillows fluffy and room service prompt and helpful. The food was very tasty. we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Becky I
Thanks for posting a review!

Nothing like the Luxurious Raffles Suite prior to heading back to the Kimberley!

Glad you enjoyed your stay, and see you again soon,

Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had a great sleep on a very comfortable big bed. The bathroom was large, as was the room.
We ate downstairs for dinner and really enjoyed our steak.
We were booked by the concierge for the 6.35am shuttle and arrived at the airport at 6.34!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ronni68
Thanks for posting a review!

Sounds like a 'great overnighter' as you put it, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Sydney.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Recently stayed at this property with partner after returning to Australia. Property in excellent location and close to airport for early morning departure. Hotel staff very helpful and knowledgeable about local area. If you want to go into City suggest asking for directions to Mascot airport (about a 10 minute walk) - you save a lot by using this train station rather than the airport link. Room was excellent, top floor and rate included breakfast (buffet). As with most buffet breakfast selection reasonable but most of our food was luke warm. Staff a little slow in clearing tables so a little messy. Overall, we use again (this was not my first stay at this hotel).

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ronald353
Thanks for posting a review!

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us after returning from overseas, and the team looked after you during your visit with us.

I will highlight you comment surrounding the Buffet Breakfast with the hotel's Director of Kitchen and Food & Beverage for his review and action.

We do hope to welcome you back again soon,

mossvale
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stayed on 25th feb as were flying out to gold coast done the stay&fly deal which is great value $190 for the room plus 7 days parking, transfer to&from the hotel .What i like about the hotel it's so close to the airport the front end is friendly and quick park your car and dont have to worry about it till you get back.We stayed in room 629 which is roomy enough for 2 small kids with 2 double beds .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sandyandalan
Thanks for posting a review!

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, in particular our signature '7 Park & Fly' package, it is by far the best value around the Sydney Airport region.

See you again soon,

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is abit run down, renovation definitely needed...It felt like you step in to the late 80s era where everything is dark maroon, dark green etc very outdated.

The carpet in our room is very dirty due to stains from the door all the way to our bed.

Although the staffs are friendly & the location is close to airport, but I wouldn't come back.

• Stayed February 2013
Thanks for posting a review!

We completed a Multi-Million dollar refurbishment of our 314 Guest Rooms in 2012, and are looking to complete more works in our Public Areas over the coming months.

I am glad the team looked after you during your stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mascot
Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel
Ibis Budget Hotel Sydney Airport
Holiday Inn Sydney Airport
Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Airport
Ibis Sydney Airport
Mercure Sydney International Airport

Been to Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport? Share your experiences!