Holiday Inn Sydney Airport
$181
$134
Pullman
  • Room Service
Meriton Suites Mascot Central(Mascot)(Great Value!)
$88
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Airport(Mascot)(Great Value!)
$122
$106
  • Room Service
Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport(Mascot)(Great Value!)
$119
Excellent 5/5
$124
$116
  • Pool
Mantra Hotel at Sydney Airport(Mascot)(Great Value!)
$104
$101
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Hotel Sydney Airport(Mascot)(Great Value!)
$109
$94
Travelocity
1,340 results
All reviewsbiggles barsydney airportmascot stationroom servicenext morningcorner roomper personshuttle servicecircular quayfull buffetstayed one nightbuffet breakfastan early flightshort staydomestic terminalmini barinternational flight
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I last stayed at the Holiday Inn Sydney Airport on July 2nd 2011 after which I wrote a review titled “The worst Holiday Inn in Australasia”.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Sydney Airport again on Sunday, April 21st and was pleasantly surprised to find a number of significant improvements in the hotel, specifically in the area of service.

On check-in I was provided with a room upgrade (not uncommon for a Priority Club Platinum member) and asked if I would like a late check out. The check-in process was very quick and the desktop very helpful.

The room was similar to my previous stay but this time clean, organized and spacious enough to unpack.

Due to the high cost of the hotels Internet ($27.50 AUD), I ended up picking up a pre-paid SIM card and using Vodaphone 3G which cost me $15.00 AUD for the night.

I spent most of my evening down in Biggles Bar & Cafe with a friend. I high recommend Biggles, they have a great selection of draft beers, wine and excellent food. The staff were very friendly and service was excellent.

Recommendation: If you need to pickup some groceries or drinks, walk out the front of the hotel and straight down the road past the Mascot train station. You will find a number of grocery shops and a nice Thai restaurant.

I hope the hotel continues to improve. I will be back in 2 months.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 9th floor, very comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
pirodoi, Manager at Holiday Inn Sydney Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Christopher-Bean,

Firstly, thank you for choosing to stay at the hotel once again. The team are delighted to read that your previous experience has shown improvements and specifically around our great service delivery. We are, as you mentioned, continuously working towards improving our product. I look forward to welcoming you back in 2 months.

All the best,

Ian Pirodon
Hotel Manager

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We recently stayed one night at the Holiday Inn and were quite happy with the hotel.
The hotel is very close to the airport, about 3 minutes from the domestic terminal and just under 10 from the international terminal.
As typical for an airrt hotel it is close to the airport, which not much around the acktual building, apart from office buildings.

The hotel itself is quite large, modern and has a bright, inviting lobby. Check in was fiendly and efficient. Our room was of medium size, modern and clean. The bed was comfortable, if a bit soft.

We arrived in the evening after a long flight and wanted to eat, but found out that food service ends at 10. Even though we asked for the menus five to ten, we were told to order from the late night bar menu. The food was nothing special and seemed to be just reheated, pre packaged food (spring rolls)

We left fairly early the next morning without eating breakfast in the hotel, though I had a coffe to go, which was nice.

For me the overall winning point of the hotel is it's staff. Always friendly with smiles galore. Well done H.I. Sydney!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed 2 nights april 14th and 15th we got held up in sydney because of cancelation of our flight for 2 days and qantas put us up there at there expence so the price was just right. The hotel was in a great place with only a short bus ride to the airport which qantas also payed for. The Mascot railway station was a only a short walk away and a short train ride into the city. the hotel had it all great room resturant and bar and services.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The HI helps make a terrible airport seem not so bad.

The room was good, comfortable and clean. TV was pretty ordinary, whilst being oversized it was of poor quality ... But all I rally needed was a bed.

Unlike a lot of hotels in Sydney the staff are efficient.

Transfer from international terminal to hotel was hard to find and I ended up taking a cab. The next morning the transfer to domestic was very easy. The transfers are done by an independent operator.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Reasonable if unremarkable hotel close to Sydney domestic terminal. Possibly TOO close to the terminal in fact because you can't get a cab from the hotel and amazingly enough, for what is not a budget hotel, they charge $6 for a mini-bus transfer...

Walking, however, is not recommended due to Australia's slavish adherence to the American principle of providing only partial pavements - there is at least one traffic junction where you'll end up having to sprint across 6-lanes with a suitcase.

Of course, it's a Holiday Inn - so although nominally a "business" hotel, you'll have to sell your first-born child into slavery to afford the Wi-Fi charges. Check that your room-rate includes hot water, electric lights or being allowed to close the curtains.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear JasonLaw_UK,

Thank you for posting a review and sharing your very personal opinion about the property and it's location. I trust our readers will agree with the numerous other reviews sighting great access to the city, airport and nearby eateries.

Ian Pirodon