“Very nice hotel”

Holiday Inn Sydney Airport
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Mascot
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed there to rest for a night on my way from the states to WA. Everything was great with one exception. Very good shuttle service from airport. Very friendly check in staff. Only complaint was the very snooty staff at the restruant. I'm not sure what his problem was but he seemed more worried about his looks then serving customers. I don't think he wanted to be their. Other then that this is a very nice hotel for ths price.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Kyle R
pirodoi, Manager at Holiday Inn Sydney Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Kyle R,

Thank you for your review and great to hear the hotel product met your expectations. I am very concerned about your comments about one of our colleagues and I have shared this with the restaurant team who have all been briefed and reminded of the importance of their service attitude and displaying the right behaviour - We are very proud of the many great reviews about our great Holiday Inn service behaviours and they are very disappointed that one of their colleagues let them down.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,295)

Reviewed October 13, 2012

great hotel, great when you have an early flight, consistent brand, no matter which holiday inn you stay with , always very helpful and friendly staff no matter the day or night, nothing seems to be too much trouble

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Amber M

Dear Amber M,

Thank you for the wonderful review and snapshot of what we strive for at our hotel.
Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I chose Holiday Inn as I sorta knew what to expect from the brand, plus of convenience on arrival at Sydney Airport. I arrived from London early in the morning and planned to crash at the hotel and hope they would have a room for early check-in, quite a request considering standard check-in times of 2-3pm. The reception staff were excellent though and were able to give me a room right away. Room was modern and in very good condition. Was surprised at the expense and limitations of the internet access, however I was to learn that internet access is terribly expensive in all Sydney and Melbourne hotels compared to what I'm used to in Europe and USA. At least there is a one-time 20 minute free access by wi-fi in the lobby - so you gotta be quick! In the end, I didn't crash at the hotel, but was feeling energised and excited to explore the city, so it was great to find that there is a main station located just two blocks down the street at Mascot. Getting into the city was only a short 10min trip costing $4. My only problem was on arrival at the airport when trying to locate the hotel shuttle bus. I called the hotel and they told me which bus stop number to wait at, which I found no problem, however the shuttle bus is not actually marked with "Holiday Inn" in any way, so how are you supposed to know that its your bus! In the end, I took a taxi as I was rather annoyed at that and didn't want to wait another half hour for the bus.

Room Tip: I had a room on the first floor directly above the reception lobby. No noise at all, so I think all...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark R

Thank you Mark R, what a fantastic review of our hotel - I am pleased that we met your expectation and met the high standards of our great Holiday Inn Brand. I note the shuttle bus comments and I wanted to take this opportunity to share that we are working with Sydney Airport Corporation to improve their information signage to the pick up point as well as allow better signage to be displayed on the buses and approve a bus timetable which currently is not allowed by them due to their many bureaucratic issues. I trust that by the next time you visit Sydney, this should be all sign posted correctly.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here prior to leaving for an overseas trip and used the park and stay package. I was a bit worried with previouw reviews I had read but a needn't have worried. The rooms are very clean, the bathroom as extra items for the business traveller like razors, tooth brushes, tooth paste etc. The service we recieved was great. Our rollaway was not in our room upon check in and within a few minutes it was arranged as with extra bath towel when I rang housekeeping. Usually you have to wait a while but again with in a few minutes they bought up ectra towels. Breakfast was good with a bonus of take away cups for coffee to take with you on the way to airport. I would definately stay here again

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank SKJC6

Dear SKJC6,

Thank you for your review and thank you for sharing your positive views about our hotel - Delighted that the hotel exceeded all your expectations and that you found the Park Stay & Go package just right for your holiday.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon on your next holiday

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Mine was a late booking. There were no standard rooms left but I was able to upgrade for extra. The room was good with a comfortable bed and pillow choices. A nice bath was welcoming. The hotel is in an ideal location if, like me, you are in transit with a flight the next morning. Being close to the airport I don't understand why they don't have room service available for an early breskfast. The regular airport shuttle service for a small fee is very convenient.

• Stayed: October 2012
pirodoi, Manager at Holiday Inn Sydney Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear SandraQld,

Thank you for your positive review - delighted that the team made you feel welcomed and refreshed for your next flight. I have taken note of your comments about our room service breakfast times and will have our F&B Manager look into this.

Trust you had a great trip and looking forward to assisting you soon on your next transit in Sydney.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed the night before the long flight back to the USA. They let us check in a bit early which was great and upgraded us to a nice 9th floor room.The room was clean and fresh with a decent view. We gabbed lunch in the lobby cafe, Biggles and it was fine. The worst thing was the Internet! Let's be realistic, in this day and age business travelers carry several devices so ease of logging in is important. There is WIFI in the lobby complimentary for registered guests but in the room there is only wired internet which is of no use to guests with tablets, iPads or smartphones not on a local carrier. Furthermore only 1 device at a time can use the log in code! To use 2 devices you need to pay $27 for an additional code, then we discovered that our room had vertually no wireless signal so we could not log in. Wasted time on the phone with tech support only to be told that some rooms just don't get a signal!

We are almost to 2013 and as far as technology this Holiday Inn needs to catch up!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris S

Dear Chris S,

Thank you for your review - Great to read you had a good stay with us. All of the major Sydney Hotels do currently charge for internet and as mentioned we do give 20 mins complimentary access in our lobby - we also have a great upgrade option to our King room available which includes 200mb of internet. We are continuously looking at improving our internet options provided by our third party internet company rievernet who have now double checked the system as we do provide full coverage to all of our rooms.

Look forward to meeting you on your next stay in Sydney

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We have stayed at all the Sydney Airport hotels over the years, and Holiday Inn is an absolute standout winner.
Easy, quick and professional check in with our 2 rooms allocated side by side with bedding configuration as requested.
While checking in my 5 year old son casually mentioned that his sister was turning 9 today. Within 10 minutes a birthday card, hand written/decorated and signed by all staff on duty arrived at her room, with 2 pieces of cake and strawberries. It absolutely made her day.
It is great to see that some hotels actually understand that if they please the kids, then adults are even more pleased.
We ate late lunch and drinks downstairs and it was fantastic. Relaxing bar and outdoor area with very reasonably priced items.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the airport, if you like to watch the take off/landing activity.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank travellinallover

Dear Douglass4,

The team truly appreciate your time in posting a review - they were delighted to meet your family and be able to make your daughter's 9th Birthday that little extra special. I have thanked in particular my colleagues Lisa, Zara, Kim and Steph who made it all happen. Sorry I missed the opportunity to meet you on this occasion and look forward to welcoming you back on your next holiday.