“Ideal when transiting”

Holiday Inn Sydney Airport
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Mascot
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Mine was a late booking. There were no standard rooms left but I was able to upgrade for extra. The room was good with a comfortable bed and pillow choices. A nice bath was welcoming. The hotel is in an ideal location if, like me, you are in transit with a flight the next morning. Being close to the airport I don't understand why they don't have room service available for an early breskfast. The regular airport shuttle service for a small fee is very convenient.

• Stayed: October 2012
pirodoi, Manager at Holiday Inn Sydney Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear SandraQld,

Thank you for your positive review - delighted that the team made you feel welcomed and refreshed for your next flight. I have taken note of your comments about our room service breakfast times and will have our F&B Manager look into this.

Trust you had a great trip and looking forward to assisting you soon on your next transit in Sydney.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed the night before the long flight back to the USA. They let us check in a bit early which was great and upgraded us to a nice 9th floor room.The room was clean and fresh with a decent view. We gabbed lunch in the lobby cafe, Biggles and it was fine. The worst thing was the Internet! Let's be realistic, in this day and age business travelers carry several devices so ease of logging in is important. There is WIFI in the lobby complimentary for registered guests but in the room there is only wired internet which is of no use to guests with tablets, iPads or smartphones not on a local carrier. Furthermore only 1 device at a time can use the log in code! To use 2 devices you need to pay $27 for an additional code, then we discovered that our room had vertually no wireless signal so we could not log in. Wasted time on the phone with tech support only to be told that some rooms just don't get a signal!

We are almost to 2013 and as far as technology this Holiday Inn needs to catch up!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris S

Dear Chris S,

Thank you for your review - Great to read you had a good stay with us. All of the major Sydney Hotels do currently charge for internet and as mentioned we do give 20 mins complimentary access in our lobby - we also have a great upgrade option to our King room available which includes 200mb of internet. We are continuously looking at improving our internet options provided by our third party internet company rievernet who have now double checked the system as we do provide full coverage to all of our rooms.

Look forward to meeting you on your next stay in Sydney

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We have stayed at all the Sydney Airport hotels over the years, and Holiday Inn is an absolute standout winner.
Easy, quick and professional check in with our 2 rooms allocated side by side with bedding configuration as requested.
While checking in my 5 year old son casually mentioned that his sister was turning 9 today. Within 10 minutes a birthday card, hand written/decorated and signed by all staff on duty arrived at her room, with 2 pieces of cake and strawberries. It absolutely made her day.
It is great to see that some hotels actually understand that if they please the kids, then adults are even more pleased.
We ate late lunch and drinks downstairs and it was fantastic. Relaxing bar and outdoor area with very reasonably priced items.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the airport, if you like to watch the take off/landing activity.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank travellinallover

Dear Douglass4,

The team truly appreciate your time in posting a review - they were delighted to meet your family and be able to make your daughter's 9th Birthday that little extra special. I have thanked in particular my colleagues Lisa, Zara, Kim and Steph who made it all happen. Sorry I missed the opportunity to meet you on this occasion and look forward to welcoming you back on your next holiday.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed for two nights and we were generally very happy with our stay. We did pay for valet parking which seemed non existent. My car remained outside the front door where I parked it on both nights. In retrospect, the fee was questionable. I was so happy with the service, the cleanliness of the room, the fabulous breakfast and the comfy bed that I didn't protest at the time. It was excellent value for money and a quiet location.

A note about the bathroom, the shower was over the bath, which could be a challenge for the less able bodied amongst us. There was a handrail but it was still a high bath to step into. The shower head was one you can hold in your hand or have on the wall, and the water pressure was excellent. The toiletries supplied were very good quality and the kind you would want to use ; )

A note for anyone with feather allergies, the mattress topper and pillows are feather. I removed the mattress topper myself (it was late at night when we arrived) and I rang housekeeping about synthetic pillows. The ones I was provided with were very thick and hard and I was told there were no others available. I did wish I had brought my own pillow from home!

I recommend the buffet breakfast and it's great to find such a fine selection of goodies that are served from 6am. The staff were helpful and the chef happily cooked my poached eggs and gluten free toast on request.

I stay in Sydney regularly and will definitely be back to this hotel. It is by far the best of all I have experienced in the last couple of years.

Great value, quality and service! (except for the valet, maybe he was on holiday?) ; )

Room Tip: The higher the better for great views.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank spin462002
pirodoi, Manager at Holiday Inn Sydney Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Dear Spin462002

Thank you for your review about your recent stay at Holiday Inn Sydney Airport. It is great to get thorough feedback. I have put in action a review of your comments about our valet parking procedures to ensure they are to our normal standard; we do get very busy with valet parking with school holidays due to our popular 'park stay and go' package. I am delighted to hear that the hotel breakfast was a great experience and I feel really proud that our team can cater to such a high standard and provide a great meal to people with food intolerance.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on your next getaway.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have stayed at numerous Sydney airport hotels, most that charge for every little thing. Not only is this hotel within walking distance of the domestic terminal, but there is a shuttle that is much cheaper than a taxi. The bus is $6, the taxi is about $15. It has comfortable rooms and friendly staff. It has internet connections, either ethernet or wifi, although in my room (421) I could not find the wifi signal. Although there is a charge for the internet connection it is far less than the other airport hotels. Unlike other airport hotels, if you need a toothbrush or razor, etc, they are complimentary. Instead of a $40 breakfast at most airport hotels, you can get a great breakfast delivered to your room for $16 to $25.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RickBeaulieu

Dear RickBeaulieu,

Thank you for your comprehensive and very positive review - The team are delighted that the facilities of the hotel and the service offered met all your expectations. Look forward to meeting you on your next airport hotel stop over in Sydney.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed for one night between flights at the end of our Australian vacation. Room was booked on points, however we got a nice room on the top floor. Large and modern room. Quiet, no airport noise. Very friendly staff and helpful. The hotel and service really 4 star. I will come back anytime.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AdictedTraveler
pirodoi, Manager at Holiday Inn Sydney Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear Adicted Traveler,

Great username and delighted you could experience the hotel and share your comments on Tripadvisor - always nice to get this feedback from a Senior contibutor. i have shared this witht he team and they are delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Look forward to welcoming you back soon on your next stay in Sydney.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

A good stay for a quick overnight between flights. The only limitations were indifferent service in the lounge and dirty carpet in the hallways and lodging room. Front desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful. This is a much better choice than the Mercure, where I was on the same type of stay 3 nights before.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Robert B

Dear Robert B,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor entry and delighted that the hotel provided a good stay. We have recently completed an upgrade to our guest rooms through improved bedside lighting, room furniture and the provision of an in-room safe. We are continuously working towards updating all of our room components and look forward to welcoming you back to Australia with an updated product.