“Cheap and handy”

and 1 more site!
AeA Sydney Airport Serviced Apartments
“Cheap and handy”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Its providing all I needed-not home but very reasonably priced, clean, close to transport.We did not expect 1st class hotel and we were not paying as first class hotel either.I ususally dont stay and watch the tely-it is a place where I sleep and move on.The receptionis and housekeepers are very helpful.Will stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Ava A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

The only really nice thing about this apartment is the receptionist and the bed. I stayed in room 10 ground floor now I dont get picky often but cant help it here. 1st tv it cost buckleys for a decent size tv to have a little tv and be 20 foot away is shocking. 2nd used soap on top of door to shower as soap holder is clearly broken off and has been for somewhile by the rust build up. 3rd toilet your lucky to get your bum on it squeezed between basin and shower. I think the owner needs to really get on to renovating rooms as I wouldn't stay here if I was on holiday.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank myreviews82

Travelers are raving about these Mascot hotels

Singapore
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I only chose this place cos I was desperate for a reasonably priced apartment on 30 dec. All other hotels in the city were tripling their prices.

The apartment has many rules including throw in ALL rubbish or pay an aud55/hr penalty. Putting all cutlery it's back in its place, closing toilet doors after showering so that steam does not trigger the fire alarm which would incur additional costs. The list goes on. All the rules made me uncomfortable and I'm glad I only stayed one night.

The cutlery cupboards had a musty smell and the oven and stove didn't look that clean. I'm not sure I would have used them even if I was staying longer, the coils in the electric kettle were rusty.

The room had a washing machine and dryer.

There is a bus n. 400 to the airport. The bus stop is 10 min slow walk away w luggage. That was helpful. What was not helpful was that the person I corresponded with via email prior to my arrival didn't know much or anything about public transportation to and from the apartment.

From the same bus stop there are buses to the city center. About 25-30 min away.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank fortheloveoftravel2
Robina, Australia
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We were disappointed with the quality, age and maintenance of Apartment 33 (Penthouse). The picture supplied for booking confirmation indicated a different apartment to the one we booked. The lift was not working on the first day of our visit and this is clearly a problem when staying with two young children and carting the associated luggage. The bathroom lacked any ventilation and there is a wall notice directing guests not leave the door open when showering as the fire alarm could be triggered and guests will incur a $1400 fine from the Fire Brigade. Surely the responsibility is with the owner to correct this ventilation problem? The apartment floor tiles were cheap and the bathroom and walls were showing obvious signs of age with marks and mildew. There was no dishwasher. This should be obligatory in a so-called “Penthouse”, in addition the kitchen appliances are old. Positives were plenty of room, two spacious balconies and 101 cm Sony LCDs. This apartment is earmarked for renovation - but of course we were not told this prior to booking. You will need to close the windows during sleep hours as the Helipad operates overnight and is over the road.

Room Tip: Maybe try the newly renovated rooms
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Graham B
Wagga Wagga, Australia
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The lady at reception was great and was very helpful. the property itself was a bit tired and was under going renovations. The sound from the Airport next door wasn't bad and didn't bother our sleep. the bathrooms and ventilation was very poor. The premises does have a warning about the fire alarms going off due to the non ventilation of the bathroom and kitchen. The water leaked out from under the bathroom cubicle and could do with a silicon seal. Also maybe have more than two toilet roles for 4 ppl over 3 nights. A simple ventilation fan off the window or off the fake ceiling would do wonders for the ventilation in the bathroom

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
AEAManagement, General Manager at AeA Sydney Airport Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Erajh,
Thank you for your recent comments on our apartments at AEA Sydney Airport. As you were most likely aware, some apartments were still undergoing renovations.
Majority have been completed now and the building itself is undergoing common area renovations now, since you last stayed with us. It is looking fantastic!
We thank you for your comments and will take these on board re the ventolation.
We look forward to assisting you in the future with any further accommodation needs in Sydney.
With warm regards
AEA Managament.
Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Recently my wife and I spent 22 nights in a Studio Superior Apartment at AeA Apartments Botany Road. We were very happy with the accomadation during our stay and have fond memories of the excellent assistance we recieved from the Building Manager who also acts as the Receptionist. The only negative comment is that the lighting in the appartment was quiet dark On leaving we recommended that a brighter lighting system be installed.The cleaning staff did an excellent job and the apartment was well soundproofed against both aircraft and traffic noise.Botany Road is well served for shops, food outlets, ATMs, Banks, laundry facilities and medical sevices to include pharmacies.Mascot Metro Station is a 25 minutes easy walk from the Apartments.We look forward to staying there again on our next visit to Australia.

Tom

IRELAND

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
AEAManagement, Manager at AeA Sydney Airport Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Tom,
Many Thanks for your positive comments about AEA Sydney Airport. We are very pleased to hear your enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to assist you again in the future should you ever need further accommodation in Sydney.
With Warm regards
AEA Managament.
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We have been staying at AEA few times a year over last couple of years. Mostly we have been satisfied and if something went wrong it was not a problem to fix it. We have also noticed that the receptionist was usually not there which we did not mind because there was no need to deal with her. Usually our keys were left in safe box and we could pick them up and go straight into our room. This time we were not so lucky.... We have arrived at 7.30 in the morning so I kept calling the reception from the airport to check if our room was ready - no answer. At 10.00 am we decided to go and check. When we opened the safe our keys were not there. Reception was unattended when we got there so we just sat and waited. When the receptionist came she just said 'Hello' and sat behind her computer and ignored us. So after few minutes I came over to the counter greeted her again and said we have a booking under name ...... You would expect something like: Yes Mrs. ..... we do have your reservation and early check in request however we are fully booked so your room is not ready. We do our best to get you a room as soon as possible. Meanwhile you can wait here and please let me know if you need anything. What she said was: 'well you are way too early and your room wont be ready till 2 pm. it is in our booking policy that the checkin starts at 2.00 pm!?!' I was in shock. And no we were not annoying or noisy we were too tired after 24 hour long flight from Europe... even our baby girl was peacefull and quiet as she fell asleep on the way to the hotel and all she wanted was to sleep before she realized she needs to go to toilet... So I came over to the counter and asked the receptionist whether my daugther could use a toilet there? She said 'NO public is not allowed to use the staff toilet!!!' What kind of person would refuse a two year old to use the staff toilet when the kid is crying he/she needs to go! I could not believe my own ears! Luckily one of the guests there let us in their room so my daughter did not have to wet her pants or go outside looking for toilet in her summer clothes (as I mentioned we arrived from Europe where there is summer now) when there was 10 degrees out there. Reception has got only 1 armchair and a small side table so we were waiting there me 7 months pregnant and my daughter squeezed in one arm chair my husband sittting on the dirty carpet shaking with cold. No need to mention that she never offered us a blanket or a chair to sit on... Sorry for such a long post but my blood is still boiling when I think about her and the way she was treating us. Strangers in the street are kinder... It is a real shame because there are some lovely people working there - two ladies who are cleaning the rooms are always lovely and helpful. And we still remember Jimmy who used to work there as a building manager and lived on the site and you could call his mobile or knock on his door when you needed help! So dear managment someone like this at reception desk is a big mistake unless you want to loose all your guests for good...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank David_Ch_13
AEAManagement, Guest Relations Manager at AeA Sydney Airport Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Firstly, let me thank you for leaving us this review. As a brand, customer service is paramount, so your feedback is vital. I would like to apologise that, on this occasion, you did not have an experience that is true to our brand.

As a serviced apartment provider, our reception is not 24 hours like a hotel. At AeA Sydney Airport our reception is open from 11am – 7pm on week days. These details are all provided on our website. As you will see our website provides the following details:

“Check in from 2pm to 7pm Mon to Fri. Self-check-in weekends and Public Holidays. Contact Reservations for self-check-in instructions during business hours at least 24 hours prior to arrival, or refer to your Confirmation Letter. A pre-authorisation of the value of one nights accommodation is required on your credit card for security and photo identification must be presented. Should credit card decline, your reservation will be cancelled.”

These procedures, being typical of a serviced apartment provider, are put into place to ensure the safety and security of our building and its guests. Thank you for pointing out that the keys are normally kept in a safe made accessible only to authorised guests. We use this as a security measure for afterhours check-in. However, you are quite right, your keys were not in the safe because your room was not yet available as you had arrived many hours prior to check-in. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee early check-in and even though we do our very best to accommodate these requests, sometimes they cannot be met. I am glad to hear we were able to have you check –in at around 11:30am.

Further, I have spoken with staff and they have informed me that they attempted to contact you on the phone number provided a number of times to provide details of the afterhours check in procedures, in case you had not seen the instructions on your booking confirmation. Unfortunately, we were unable to connect to the number provided.

I would also like to apologise for the lack of toilet facilities. Unfortunately, due to the recent renovations, our current bathroom is not quite to the standard for guests and we have decided it should remain out of bounds to guests until such a time at is up to the highest of standards. I image reception would only have prevented you from using it for these reasons. It would never have been the intention of our staff to distress you in any way as we all do our very best to accommodate our guests and make them feel at home. However, I understand the inconvenience this would have caused and please accept our sincerest apologies. I will be notifying our General Manager and ensure the matter is investigated immediately.

Thank you for pointing out the seating in the reception area. I apologise you did not find there to be enough seating. I will be notifying our General Manager of this issue and hopefully we will be able to rectify this situation as soon as possible.

I apologise that, on this occasion, you did not have an experience that is truly indicative of our brand. Please feel free to contact us directly and we will ensure your next stay is a much better experience.