“Thank you!”

AeA Sydney Airport Serviced Apartments
Canberra
“Thank you!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I've titled my review "thank you" because of the terrific service my husband and I received during our 10 day stay.
We booked in because it is convenient to St George Hospital at Kogarah - 10 mins drive - and it was at a very reasonable rate.
For 3 nights -$139 night - we stayed in an upgraded gorgeous 1 bedroom apartment. Wow! Think glass, chrome, grey linen soft furnishings, silk cushions, Alessi style fruit bowl etc. large well equipped kitchen ( new frypan is needed) and a supremely comfortable bed . Huge TV in living room and bedroom. I was expecting some aircraft noise, but it was very quiet.
Due to my husband unexpectedly being admitted to hospital we needed to extend our stay on a day to day basis. The staff were fantastic. Owner even gave me his parking spot.
I then moved to another apartment which luckily became available. $109 per night. This one a little noisy, as it was right on a busy corner, but fascinating watching the passing parade.
Moved back to the original apartment for 3 nights at a discounted rate of $109 per night. Then needed to vacate that and move to another 1 bedroom apartment. This one had a huge terrace looking out on to trees and was very quiet. Was great having laundry facilities in each apartment. The lovely cleaner was very helpful. Making allowances for me to store my stuff when moving.
Buses to the city etc pass by the door and the apartments are 5 minute walk to Mascot shopping centre. LOTS of takeaway food places for every taste, but I enjoyed using the apartment kitchens.
If arriving by car, one needs to access the secure garage via rear lane way.
We will be very happy to stay there again when we return in May. Need to book early as the rates are really excellent for the area.

Room Tip: Apartments overlooking lane seem to be quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Alexandra D, Public Relations & Marketing at AeA Sydney Airport Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you very much for leaving us this review. As a serviced apartment provider, customer service is paramount so your feedback is very important to us. Often guests tell us how helpful it is to read past guests’ comments before booking their own visit and we are always eager to hear how you liked the apartment and where we might improve.

Thank you for letting us know you and your husband received terrific service. It is so important to us to make our guests feel welcome and at home so we are pleased to hear this. We are also glad to hear you enjoyed our newly renovated deluxe apartment! Thank you for pointing out that we do have quiet apartments and that aircraft noise isn’t a problem. We do take every measure we can to reduce unwanted noise so that our guests can have a truly relaxing stay.

You are quite right, all of our apartments do feature fully equipped laundries and kitchens so we are glad you were able to utilise these. There are many different places to eat around Mascot and we are also glad to hear that you found access to public transport simple.

We are so pleased that you so thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that you will be returning in May. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights and had a great time. My two daughters (6,9 yrs) had a ball. Very spacious and quiet. As we went out for most of the time,when we got back to relax it was nice and quite. The staff were lovely. We will definitely stay there again on our next trip to Sydney! ;-D

• Stayed March 2013
Alexandra D, Public Relations & Marketing Manager at AeA Sydney Airport Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Hi there Toshnco! Firstly, we’d like to thank you for leaving us this feedback as our guests often tell us how helpful it is to read past guests’ reviews before booking their own visits.

We are so glad to hear that you and your daughters enjoyed your stay at AeA Sydney Airport. Thank you for pointing out how spacious our apartments are. We do attempt to provide our guests with a home away from home where they can relax and unwind.

Thank you for also pointing out how quiet the building is and how lovely our staff are! It is always great to hear how pleased guests were with their stay so thank you for leaving us this feedback.

We are glad to hear you will stay with us again on your next trip to Sydney and are excited to welcome you back in the very near future!
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The apartment I stayed in was spacious and light (apart from the tiny, dark bathroom) but the tone of the place and its communication is aggressive and punitive; lots of chores and instructions, and penalties if you don't comply! I thought I was back in a 1980s youth hostel.

Maintenance of the apartment was also a bit poor. The bedroom light was blown and the television remote didn't work. There was a dripping pipe in the laundry tub (just outside the bedroom) and it dripped steadily all night!

Tea bags and coffee sachets were provided but no milk; frustrating when you arrive late. There was no information in the apartment, not even a map, so no advice where to find any shops or services,

I also had difficulties accessing my entry card after hours but couldn't get a call back from the after hours service line. Thankfully I was able to sort it myself.

It's not the best location but it's convenient to the airport. With a bit of thought and a more welcoming attitude and it could be an awful lot better

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lisa M
Alexandra D, Public Relations and Marketing Manager at AeA Sydney Airport Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Hi Lisa M, firstly we’d like to thank you for taking the time and leaving this feedback, as at AeA Sydney Airport, our focus is on customer service and our guests. Your comments are very important to us and I can assure you they will all be taken into consideration.

I apologise that you felt the communication and signage at AeA Sydney Airport was aggressive. We are always striving to make our guests feel comfortable and at home when staying in our apartments so we apologise that you felt this way. Many of our guests find the signs to be of significant assistance to them, as we are a serviced apartment provider our reception is not 24 hours so we have found that the signs help guests especially outside of office hours, as much as possible.

I would also like to apologise that you found the maintenance of your particular apartment to be poor. However, we have just announced the completion of the renovations of some of our apartments. This is a very exciting time for us and we hope that you will return and enjoy our renovated apartments.

I have personally spoken to management regarding providing milk in our apartments, and thanks to your feedback, it looks like this will be a service we may be providing for our guests in the very near future. I would also like to apologise you believe you didn’t receive a call back from the after-hours service. I can assure you, if our after-hours phone number is called (this differs from our office number), our pager service ensures the call is responded to and if it isn’t it is put straight through to our General Manager. I can assure you we will be investigating this matter further.

Lisa M, I apologise you weren’t entirely happy with your stay but encourage you to come and stay in one of our newly renovated apartments soon. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will ensure your next stay is a better one!
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed at these apartments earlier in the year and that is why we returned. The one we stayed at earlier in the year was well equipped and on the sunny side. The location of the apartments is central and they are reasonable spacious. However the apartment we stayed in this time was not good, the place smelt of smoke, carpet very stained needed to be thrown away, dinning-chairs due for the tip...again very stained and old. The oven needed a good clean and there definitely needed to be more kitchen basics such as wine glasses and at least one microwave dish. A little disappointing. Not sure why such a diversity in standards between the apartments. We recommend spending a little money of doing all the rented apartments up. Entrance foyer lovely .... there needs a follow-through to the apartments. A coat a paint, some new furniture and a few more kitchen essentials would make the world of difference. We noticed that 15 of the apartments were for sale..... we presume the rented ones. I hope the new owners spend the money on them because they definitely have enormous potential.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
HollyGolightlySydney, Public Relations and Marketing Manager at AeA Sydney Airport Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Firstly, I would like to thank you for choosing AeA Sydney Airport again, upon your return to Sydney. In addition, thank you for pointing out that your previous apartment was sunny, well equipped and that our AeA Sydney Airport building is central and spacious. We are known for being spacious and we do enjoy a central location right near Sydney Airport!

As a brand, our focus is on customer service so I would like to thank you for providing us with this feedback and apologise that on this particular occasion, you weren’t as pleased with your apartment.

You are quite right in stating that there were 15 apartments for sale. The good news is that they have recently been sold and they are about to undergo renovations, which will definitely improve these apartments immensely.

Please feel free to contact us directly should you wish to discuss this matter further. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future and thank you again for your feedback.

Travelers are raving about these Mascot hotels

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights with a view of booking a 28 day stay. The dirty unpleaseant smell outside the lift was the first thing that raised our suspicion.
Upon arrival (off a tiring flight) found there was no hot water in the apartment, not to worries we'll have a cuppa. No milk of any kind, not even UHT! Settling with a black tea to relax on the lounge, a pungent smell of stale cigarette surrounds us - further investigation reveals that each crease / crack in the lounge is filled with tobacco.
The bed was clean & comfy.
6am on a very chilly wintery morning - still no hot water. Sponge bath with the kettle and advised management later that morning who assure us it will be fixed.
3pm still no hot water. . . . . . 8pm STILL NO HOT WATER.
7am next day, you guess it! Other guests are in the hallway yelling at the poor housekeeping lady.
There is no management onsite and say they'll charge you if you call out of hours.
We did receive a partial refund of our stay but our advice is to stay elsewhere if at all possible,
The 28 day booking was made with a beautiful serviced apartment in Waterloo. Review still to come.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BrissyGirl-in-London
HollyGolightlySydney, Public Relations and Social Media Manager at AeA Sydney Airport Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time and providing feedback on your stay here at AEA Sydney Airport Apartments. I would like to personally apologise that you did not experience the standards we uphold here at AeA. As a brand, customer service is our forte, so I can assure you; this is not typical of our apartments. Your comments are very important to us and we have taken them on board.

I have shared your feedback with our General Manager and would like to assure you that all of your comments are being investigated to ensure this does not occur in the future. We have a strict non-smoking policy inside our apartments at all of our buildings, so this should not have occurred. Where there are balconies, guests are able to smoke outdoors, and if the smell permeates into the apartments, housekeeping ensure all apartments are both deodorised and ironized. I can assure you that this is not something we will be taking lightly and we will be communicating with our building manager and housekeeping staff at our airport apartments. Unfortunately, we were experiencing some problems with our hot water at this time, even though we were on top if it and monitoring the problem 24 hours a day with Sydney Water and with our plumbers, it did take around 48 hours to completely rectify. I would like to apologise that you had to endure this and understand your concern.

We do have management on site at AeA Sydney Airport during business hours at a minimum. Often management is attending to guests within the building and other matters, so they are not always at the front desk, but all of the relevant contact details are provided upon confirmation. I apologise that you were unable to speak anyone within the building, as I am sure they would have been able to assist you to the best of their ability. I would also like to stress that we do not charge guests for afterhours calls, especially when it is at no fault of the guest.

We apologise that you did not enjoy your stay at AeA, and I urge you to contact me direct to discuss the matter further. We would like to invite you back to stay with us and will endeavour to make sure your next stay is a much better experience.
Mittagong, Australia
Reviewed May 24, 2012

We stayed here for one night before an early flight out of Sydney Airport. The spacious apartment we were allocated was well equipped and suitable for longer stays with full cooking and dining facilities with a washing machine if needed. The apartment is located on a busy road however was not noisy at ll during the Saturday night we stayed. If you do not feel like cooking The Mascot RSL in close by for cheap meals. I found the management of the property to be very professional in particular AEA property manager Mark Sutton who was of great assistance to us in booking. He made us feel as if we were royalty so I can not agree with comments by other reviewers. Ali at reception was also friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room back from the street if they have one.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
, Public Relations and Social Media Manager at AeA Sydney Airport Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing with the Trip Advisor community about your time with us. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at here AEA Sydney Airport. As a brand we truly focus on customer service so we are so glad to hear that you found the apartment spacious and well equipped. We really value all our guest feedback and it’s great to hear that you were so pleased with your stay. At AEA we do like our guests to feel like they are at a home away from home so we strive to provide them with the best facilities, such as a fully equipped laundry and kitchen, and of course, spacious apartments. We would love to welcome you back whenever you please. Thank you again for your comment!
Sydney
Reviewed April 22, 2012

On face value, the apartments look ok. However, they're not kept clean. Fire alarm kept going off. Quite noisy....and most of all, the manager, Mark Sutton has a completely cold, "take it or leave it attitude". He is happy to compare you to other customers who are willing to just pay and put up with the shortcomings of the place. In this sense he makes you feel unwelcome and that you don't deserve to stay in these apartments. He has no personal/people skills and is horrible to deal with. The guy at reception though (his name is Ali) was fantastic. Always helpful, polite and diplomatic.

Room Tip: Personal parking too expensive and street parking nearly non existant. Need to catch rather long bu...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cracker F
Thank you for taking the time and providing feedback on your stay. We are sincerely disappointed that we failed to provide the exceptional service we always strive for here at AEA. Your comments are very important to us and I can assure you we have taken them into consideration.

We would like to apologise that you were disturbed by the noises coming from the fire alarm. This is by no means a typical occurrence and I can assure you that we will strive to ensure it doesn’t happen, unnecessarily, again.

We further apologise that you felt you were spoken to coldly and I assure you that we do not consider this to be typical behaviour. We want all of our guests to feel welcome and at home. We are glad that you were pleased to communicate with our building manager at AEA Sydney Airport, Ali. Sometimes it is difficult to properly communicate with manager’s that are outside the building itself and miscommunications can occur, so we are glad that you were able to communicate with Ali face to face.

We would like to welcome you back whenever you please and can assure you that we will strive to ensure that you have a much better experience. Thank you again for your feedback, we really appreciate it.