“Very nice”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Manly
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Went there for dinner. No complaints at all. Food excellent, staff friendly, all the ingredients were fresh, and prepared solely for you. No ping on the microwave..... Does not have many tables so I would definitely book on a busy night. Only slight concern was the service was that rapid, I had ordered and eaten a starter and main meal inside 30 minutes. That said, I would not let it put you off this excellent establishment.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Went here on a fairly cold Friday night in mid June recently, no booking, just turned up and got a seat outside. There was outdoor heating which was good. We had three dishes from the tapas menu, which looks interesting, we were almost tempted to just have lots of tapas and no mains, they look that good.
Had the special of duck pancakes as one tapas and salt and pepper tofu along with chicken satay. The flavours were all nice and tasty. Servings a little on the small side, the pancake was a tiny slither of a thing, the tofu a small square which didn't taste salt and peppery enough to me and a single satay stick each, with loads of sauce.
For drinks, my wife had a glass of red and because I'm not drinking I had lemon, lime and bitters, as there wasn't much choice for non drinkers, I would have liked to have seen a mocktail list and coconut water on the menu.
Our main was duck in a red curry sauce. It had lychee's only 2 and pineapple and basil. I think this same dish at Pat Ploy in Manly is much nicer and a bigger serving. I feel like the dishes here are definitely only shareable between 2 people.
The service was good and the extensive tapas menu will mean I will go back. My wife said the $40 banquet menu was great when she had it with a larger group of people.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We have been dining at (Bai )Yok since it opened 20 years ago in Crows Nest and were thrilled to discover Yok here in Manly. Jay does a great job and while they can get very busy, the food is always great. We have never been disappointed. I love their new Thai Tapas menu which they introduced after opening their restaurant in Neutral Bay. Do try the Tapas as it is a whole new flavour sensation with lots of new mouthwatering small dishes to try.

Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

This place has a very loud buzz to it, food was good and is very popular. We were seated outside on a warm evening.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife and I used to visit Australia on holiday quite often - always based ourselves in Manly simply because we liked the location. On our very first visit we stayed just round the corner form a hole in the wall Thai restaurant with a lovely and capable manager - Jay - who we took to immediately. The food was great - way better and fresher than you could get in the UK - and we ate there a lot and even introduced some Australian friends to it who have now become regular customers.

Every time we returned to Manly we ate there several times - although they are now in much grander premises than they were. The food remains always fresh and interesting and the staff are delightful and efficient.

And I was very pleased to see from another review that Jay is still there. My very best wishes to her.

I can't wait until our next trip.