“What you see is what you get”
Review of Ribs and Rumps Grill & Seafood - CLOSED

Ribs and Rumps Grill & Seafood
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Manly
Rosebud
“What you see is what you get”
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

It's a steak house so don't expect too much. The ribs are better than average and the service is friendly. Good location on the waterfront so they can charge a bit more than the food is worth but there are plenty of choices around here so look around.

Nelson
“Overpriced and under garnished”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We were taken to Ribs and Rumps by family who highly recommended it, but to be honest I found the food boring and overpriced. I ordered the steak with prawns and all I got were steak, prawns and chips with a seafood sauce. I feel the plate would look way more attractive if a little garnish was thrown on top. There was no mention of salads on the 'sides' part of the menu. The steak was nothing to rave about. The staff were great though, the view was amazing and the pudding made up for main.

• Visited November 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Good service very average food”
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Service was efficient and friendly. The food however was very average and nothing to it was like pre franchise. I ordered the 'combo' comprising of half ribs and rump steak. The ribs were cold in the middle, not enough marinade and tasteless. It seems to keep up with the volume they sacrifice the care and taste which is a pity.

The steak although cooked well was tough as old boot. Even my dog would have a tough time chewing that slab of leather... For the price one would have expected a better meal.

So if you want good ambience and service go there but if you want to eat, save your money and go elsewhere.....

Newcastle, Australia
“Great food, poor service ”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

It saddens me to give ribs and rump a 3-star, as the food is beyond delicious and the staff are super friendly...which almost makes up for the super slow service... But not quite.

The view is gorgeous. It's on the second floor of a building overlooking manly beach.

We were greeted by a super friendly host from Minnesota (USA). She was more than happy to discuss our "North American Roots" with me (as I'm originally from Canada), and we had several talks over the evening. If this rating was based on her service alone, it would be a 5-star review.

She did her best to move customers to the "prime real estate tables" (those at the window) and always made sure we had our drinks topped off.

Unfortunately the rest of the staff was not as efficient and, even with only 1/4 of the restaurant full, they seemed overwhelmed. We saw our waiter twice over the entire night, when he took our order and brought us our receipt. If it weren't for the American host we would have gone without drinks for the night.

The food was good... I had calamari to start (SO good) and the 1/2 rack of pork ribs with BBQ sauce on the side and fries.

For drinks I had a mojito and some sort of strawberry mixed cocktail... Drinkers be warned: they're stronger than they taste! ;)

Overall it was a good experience, great atmosphere, but there's definitely room for the staff to improve their efficiency :)

Sydney, Australia
“Good ribs!”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Good ribs in Sydney but there is better. I would recommend the ribs and steak combo as it is delicious!

Visited October 2013