“Nice ribs - wouldn't recommend dessert though”
Review of Ribs and Rumps Grill & Seafood - CLOSED

Ribs and Rumps Grill & Seafood
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Manly
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Came here with my husband for a kids-free night! My husband had the ribs, ribs and ribs - loved it of course!
I had the small eye fillet which was perfect for someone who doesn't eat much.
Very disappointed with the dessert though, my husband sent his molten chocolate mud cake back, it wasn't molten or hot.

1  Thank Jan B

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Steaks are poor quality cut of rump cooked poorly. Massive disappointment and overpriced.

Service great but whoever sources their meat should be sent to the abattoir. Hung for a couple of months and ... you get the picture!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

On our way to Ribs and Rumps we bumped into a friend who decided to join us for dinner...even though he had just finished eating somewhere else. The 4 of us placed our orders which consisted of 3 main courses,1 side dish, a bottle of wine and 4 beers. What came next was unbelievable.

Our waiter returned to our table and said we needed to order another main course as we had only ordered 3 and there was 4 of us eating. I told him that our friend had just eaten and wasnt hungry but he did ask for the side dish. The waiter left and a short time later a chef from the kitchen came out and told us again we needed to order a main. After we politely told him that we didnt want another main the restaurant manager came over and told us they couldnt serve us unless we all ordered a main course. He said it was part of their liquor license that required all patrons to order main courses. What a load of rubbish!

Having worked in the hospitality and liquor industry for some time this is the first time I've ever heard of this happening. The restaurant was nearly empty yet they turned away 4 paying guests due to either being too stubborn or just plain rude.

We all got up and left...leaving them with 4 half drunk beers and an open bottle of red.

As a manly local my friends and I will never return. The food isnt that good and there are plenty of better (and cheaper) options in Manly. If you want ribs try Criniti's....if you want a steak try Manly Grill.

2  Thank Jshakers
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Was travelling in sydney and my guys wanna try out this rump and ribs, its located on the second floor, and has a good view of the manly beach.

Staff is very friendly and attentive. The onions rings were real onions rings and its delicious.
Ordered a calamari main dish, its cut in big pieces and surprisingly it melts in the mouth. Unlike most resturant calamari will be like chewing runber bands. This one is above the rest.

Pork ribs and chicken chicken burger has nothing to complain about.

There are several reaturants bars and grills below this rump and ribs. Which is at a lower prices and offers fresh air and breeze from the sea. The price is higher may be due to the fact its air-condition and on the second floor.

I will come again. Definitely

2  Thank XavierShoot
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I eat here every time to come to Sydney. The food is always brilliant. The prom ribs are always good. The new layout is not as pleasing as the old layout which included wall to wall framed photos of sporting teams that visited the restaurant. The atmosphere is poorer for their rare oval, but the food is still magnificent.