“Dreadful and expensive”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Manly
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Can you believe a steak restaurant that runs out of onions of any kind - Even the ones mentioned on the limited sides menu. Probably the worst value for money restaurant we have come across in Sydney.

There are newer reviews for Ribs and Rumps Grill & Seafood

Reviewed March 29, 2012

The locatIon is awesome, but the food wasn't much above average. It might be partly because the Air ConditIoning was so strong that it cooled off the food before we could finish it. On the bright side the portions were huge. I think I should have had the mixed grill, as that looked amazing on the next table.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

Had not been for a few years and was really looking forward to it.

Unfortunately not as good as I remembered it to be.

Plates are bigger and steaks smaller. Still tasty though.

T bone was cold, had to be returned. Something I have very rarely done.

Service was slow and below what was expected.

Will not be rushing back.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

Ok - I admit leaving it 6 years between visits is a bit of a stretch and I guess I had no right to expect it to be as good as my previous visits...

But I used to LOVE this place. Great atmosphere, all the rugby pics on the wall of the English RWC 2003 winners, great red wine (lots from South Africa for a change in Australia) and most of all, MOST OF ALL....

The Wagyu Steak...

sliced up on a sizzling iron griddle and smothered in Peppercorns. It was amazing and the flavour has stuck with me ever since.

BUT...

That Wagyu dish is off the menu, there are hardly any South African wines and the rib eye I did have was one of the most average I had ever had.

Now bearing in mind how much I had been looking forward to it AND I actually dragged my vegetarian wife with me so I could show her one of my global top ten restaurants.... it was all just heart-breaking.

Frankly her veggie Lasagna looked and tasted better than my steak.

Not sure this review is much help to anybody other than visitors from the glory days of Ribs & Rumps who were planning a return... but in any case, all very sad....

Sizzling Wagyu, come back, we miss you....!

Reviewed January 7, 2012

What a great place to take hungry men. Huge steaks and ribs, plus smaller meals available for us ladies.
Grerat food, great value and the location is the best in the world. MANLY BEACH, SYDNEY AUSTRALIA.
Also child friendly.