“Fantastic over 15 years”

Jipang Japanese Noodle House
Ranked #73 of 307 Restaurants in Manly
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: Manly
Neighborhood: Manly
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We have been going to Jipang for over 15 years and have always loved it. The food is great - a typical Japanese noodle house - and always reliable at a good price.
It is in an arcade and can be busy (which shows how popular it is)...but we also find it good for us as a regular take away (healthy compared to pizza etc), or a casual dinner out.
The kids love it - a great kids meal with a bit of everything.
They've just started serving a wider menu with sashimi.
You can't go wrong here!

Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

We go here once a week for a quick bite BYO which is great too. Bento boxes are great value. Could be cold in winter as some tables are outside. Hidden in an arcade off the mall so a bit off the beaten track but popular with locals.

Reviewed December 27, 2011

Good value. Good service, very accommodating and efficient. Basic decor. Fresh cooking.

Reviewed January 30, 2011

Worse service really arrogant staff, food was disappointing. New management should be ashamed of themselves. Once a frequent visitors, totally shock too see how down hill it has gone. I would not feel comfortable sending my family, friends colleagues or next door neighbors pets to this restaurant.

Reviewed January 19, 2010

I have been frequenting this restaurant for the best part of 10 years. I live in London these days but I always ensure that I make a visit whenever I take a trip home to Sydney.

It is great value - I don't think I have ever spent more than AUD$10-15 (per person) here and have never left feeling hungry (and trust me, I love my food). You go to Jipang for the food, not the decor. The menu is varied, the helpings generous and service is always very efficient.

Seating parties of more than 4 people can be a bit tricky at times and you are likely to be seated outside in the arcade on fold up furniture - but if you can handle that then you won't be disappointed.