“Good place for a group to enjoy the banquet”
Review of Out of Africa - CLOSED

Out of Africa
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Manly
Manly NSW
“Good place for a group to enjoy the banquet”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Ten of us dined at this restaurant for an end of year celebration. We reserved well in advance and had to pay $100 deposit . I felt that was a bit steep. The food however was tasty and plentiful. We had three platters of tasters followed by three shared mains, desert and coffee followed. We had a couple of bottle of wine and the cost was under $60 each. Service good as the restaurant was only about half full. I would go again as the dishes are exotic and well presented. They have a licence but seemed just as reasonable to buy the wine from them
No real negatives.my friend also went for brunch and found it great with some interesting food combinations.

• Visited December 2013

“Tasty Moroccan Cuisine”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Four of us went as a group and started with Bread and Dips- a great share plate and we decided to share 4 mains. I chose the Special which was Kangaroo- beautifully tender and cooked perfectly. It came with adeeply flavoured pomegranate sauce and a parsnip mash infused with horseradish. They should keep it on the menu! We also shared the "Couscous aux sept Legumes" which was the only disappointing dish but the side of chickpeas in a sweet orange sauce it came with was great, the 'Fish Turban Tajine' also really lovely and a great cut of fish and finally the 'Reef and Beef'- I can't speak for the beef but the prawns were succulent and the sauce that accompanied the dish very more-ish. We ended with a creme brulee which was decent but not as creamy as I like and date and caramel crepes which hit the sweet spot :)
I recommend BYO here as well. For 5 dollars ahead we split some great wine with the meal. All in All the service was good although the servers seemed unfamiliar with the menu when we had queries. I would definitely return.

• Visited November 2013
Newcastle, Australia
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Amazing food and super friendly staff! We shared a couple entrees (starters) and main meals, and all were delicious!

For an entree/ starter we had the trio dips served with warm bread and the lamb backstrap.... YUMMY! The dips were my favourite but the lamb was delicious too!

For mains we had chicken tagine and the beef meatball tagine... DEFINITELY recommend these!! The flavours were out of this world! I'm not a huge fan of chicken, but I devoured my portion of the chicken tagine. The beef tagine was definitely spicier, which I loved! We had a side of cous cous which was a great addition to the meal (after we finished our meat, we poured the sauce on the cous cous to eat).

For dessert we tried the Moroccan chocolate cake (yummy) the profiteroles (yuck- didn't like these) and the cinnamon creme brule (yummy!)

My fiancée had the Kenyan beer to drink which I actually loved (and I hate beer). I tried the African punch (which was delicious- made with fresh fruit) and the Afro surprise (yummy!!). With dessert we tried a glass of their dessert wine which was a perfect finish to our amazing dinner.

I honestly can't rate the dinner well enough! The service wasn't great (had to flag down our waiter for drinks, to order, etc.) however their friendliness and great food still makes this a 5-star rating :)

We'll definitely be going here again!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exceptional”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Wow what a great restaurant with all the memorabilia and interesting meal options. It was great to see so many middle eastern dishes. The meals were enjoyed by all and so reasonably priced.Would eat here again.

Visited September 2013
Spain
“A place to go back to again and again”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Food is out of this world ! Went back twice in 12 days . Unusual for me. Loved all their food . BYO a big advantage at 10 dollars for 2 people. Definitely go ! A

Visited September 2013