“Yummy pastry, generous portions” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Manly
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Yummy pastry, generous portions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

My sister and I visited on a Monday afternoon and had the most delicious treats. I had the pear and chocolate pastry and it really was amazing. Not normally my favourite combination of flavours but this was super tasty. My sister had a strawberry cake which was huge and yummy. Really reasonable prices for what you get and lovely, friendly service. I wouldn't hesitate to return, next time I'm in Manly.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Germione

Cologne, Germany
“German Bakery in Australia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

I am in Sydney for business a few times a year and came across the Brezel Bar on my previous trip. It feels like a little piece of home to have such delicious food that tastes and smells just like in Germany. I tried their Pear Belle Helene Pastry (Birne Helene) which was fantastic. Just like their signature pretzel. I don't like the American Style Cheescake much which is baked everywhere, but Thomas and Liesl (the friendly owners) suggested I try their tasty German Cheesecake which is REALLY good. I can only recommend the Brezel Bar!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Selda K
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Great German Bread & Brezel away from home...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We have been traveling since five weeks now from Vietnam to Cambodia to Australia and had a great time enjoying the great foods in this part of the world.
When we arrived recently in Sydney we took the ferry from Circular Quay Sydney Harbour to Manly to stroll around and enjoy the beaches.
Just around the corner from Manly Beach we found the 'Brezel Bar" a great German Bakery with authentic German bread, rolls, Brezels and cakes.
I am usually not the one that needs to have the German stuff away from home, but I have to admit I truly enjoyed the coffee and a taste from home…
I can highly recommend the Brezel Bar….

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank GTunderway
“Best Pretzels in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

This place is a bit off the beten track (not on the Corso) so you have to actively look for it. It is close to the Novotel (Manly Pacific). They have fantastic Pretzels and a range of German Bread and Pastries. The staff are very friendly and are happy to explain what each pastry is in more detail.

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank CurlCurlSpice
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Wonderful pastries”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

Visited Brezel bar while on vacation. There are a number of bakeries in town, but this one is the best. Flaky tasty treats and hearty breads. They also have traditional german pastries, cookies and of course pretzels. They also have free internet access. Highly recommended, worth the 1 block walk.

• Visited December 2012