“location location, but awful restaurant”
Review of Murray's at Manly - CLOSED

Murray's at Manly
Cuisines: Australian
Neighborhood: Manly
Neighborhood: Manly
sydney
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“location location, but awful restaurant”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

the owners have really found the best location to put their business, but have completely ruined such a great opportunity! as a manly local i have seen many restaurants open and shut on this property, no one can seem to get it right! it is such a shame since they have a winning location right on the beach.

my wife and i were really excited to finally try murrays, but rest assured we will now be sticking to the other 50+ better restaurants in manly available.

the food was expensive, $30 + for a main! so we had big expectations for the price, however after an hour+ of waiting in hunger, we were ready to leave and eat at the nearest fast food establishment. our waitress was obviously extremely embarrassed after we had asked her 4 or 5 times for our food. We asked to speak to the manager who happened to be a 16 year old blonde who flatly ignored our comments rudely stating that our wait was to be expected on such a busy night at rush hour... (my wife and i were confused as we looked around and saw 3 other tables in the whole venue???!)

needless to say we are NOT coming back here again, i would say you would be better off trying another of the other amazing restaurants in manly.

• Visited April 2013

San Diego, California
“Angry Man makes me Happy”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The beer was nothing short of spectacular and the location couldn't be much better. Many a pint can be consumed whie enjoying the breeze and taking in the view from the balcony. Appetizer menu has a good selection and the food is generally tasty.

That said, getting seated was a hassle (the waitresses kept "forgetting" about us when tables opened) and you should order your next pint when your current one is about half full. Luckily the product and the atmosphere largely make up for the lacking service.

• Visited December 2012
Sydney, Australia
“huge good value”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

on beachfront and good value, though their happy hour is only for the beers, snacks okay, lots of place and if into beers heaven,

Visited May 2013
“Identity Crisis?”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Food was fair, good selection, reasonably priced if a little fancy.
Excellent range of craft beer.
Service was poor compared to previous visits. Nice balcony overlooking the beach. I'm just not sure what the venue is trying to be? which makes me uncomfortable when I'm there.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank HungryHopster
Manly
“Disapointed”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Nothing special about the food and really poor service and not helpful staff.
I don't write reviews usually but this time I though I might to advise people about it. I really didn't like the service and didn't get the order right the first time and it was not their fault, eventually I got what I wanted but not cooked as I asked...really avoid at all cost!

• Visited April 2013