“Disapointed”

Neighborhood: Manly
Manly
“Disapointed”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Nothing special about the food and really poor service and not helpful staff.
I don't write reviews usually but this time I though I might to advise people about it. I really didn't like the service and didn't get the order right the first time and it was not their fault, eventually I got what I wanted but not cooked as I asked...really avoid at all cost!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank C-BeansManly

Manly, Australia
“What happened to this lovely place!? they should just remember the client is paying for a service”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I had dinner there a couple of days ago and was really disappointed ,it took the turn for the worse. I used to go every friday night after work with my mate for a couple of good beers (especially the grand cru one, I still recommend it) some tacos and frites with mayo, the staff was friendly and helpful. But it was before...

Now...no more frites and tacos but that I can deal with it, things change! but first all the staff was so "unwelcoming", haven't seen anyone with a Smile and it even looked liked they were avoiding us. The food took ages to come (and it's not like it was busy...) and the best: they refused to give us salt and pepper. I really don't get the point about it, we are the one paying (and it's rather an expensive place for what it is) and the chef decided he is smarter than us and know what is the perfect combination...just nonsense!

Hopefully the management will change soon or they are going to close...it would be a shame, their beers are really good and the location is one the best in manly, they just make bad use of it!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank ManlyKim
Manly, Australia
“Nice beers but awfull place and service”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This place used to be my favorite place in Manly for the good beers and the weekend live music. It has changed so dramatically in the last few months that I don't even go anymore. It has now a very unfriendly atmosphere and a poor service and food is just normal pub food...

Luckily you can buy the good beers online or at the bottle shop...

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Kevin T
Sydney, Australia
“grat placwe for lunch”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

the food and service was terrific, could not complain.
We shared the chirizo for a starter, my daughter had the salmon salad, I the spatchcock. both were very good and recommend both. Service was first class, will return.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank paddles_11
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Beer”
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely phenomenal beer, quite a few homemade brews along with a solid list of other brews on tap.

Service is lacking and food is hit or miss. Prawn toast was great, burger had great flavor but was over cooked and pizza was fine. Also, they will not give you salt or pepper.

Views are spectacular, and with a good beer you can almost forget about the dreadful service.