“Great Location and Great Times”

Boardrider Backpacker and Budget Motel
Ranked #11 of 13 Specialty Lodging in Manly
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed in an all girls 6 bed dorm for about 2 months and absolutely loved it. The hostel is in the best location in Manly, right in the heart, steps away from the beach and every shop or food you could want. The reception staff was helpful and it wasnt long before I was involved in the hostels activites. The kitchen was spacious and there was always room to cook and store my food and dishes. The common area was quite tidy with a good tv and dvd set up as well as table tennis and great people about to hang out with. My room was quiet and very secure and the toilets always smelled clean and were spotless. I would recommend it to anyone and cant wait to stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed in a double room for 2 nights. Room is big, good location, but the biggest problem is the people yelling and talking loudly everywhere, during the whole night.

Why people can smoke inside the TV loundge since there's a smoking area just next to them...
The kitchen is poorly equipped, with no cups, no spoons, no knife.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Hi,
I stayed for one night in the deluxe room with ensuite bathroom. I had a very nice time. The room was not huge but big enough, looking over the Corso so with a view on the sea, with a great new TV, and with a good size bathroom. For the price, this was a very good deal. Amazing location, a few seconds away from the beach and the bars, coffees, restaurants.
Cheers

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 27, 2013

A very good hostel in comparison with many other hostels iv stayed at during my time in Sydney. It by far has the best atmosphere and the most to offer in terms of activities and facilities such as: a PS3, big flat screen tv, ping pong table the list goes on ...., The staff are super friendly who are always looking to help get you on your feet whether by providing you with different jobs available everyday at reception or just tips on how to budget yourself round manly I.e.deals on certain days etc. There's no room to complain with the rooms and I highly recommend the hostel to anyone looking for a good ozzy experience it's just in the middle of all the chaos that goes on in Manly.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I'm a 25 year old girl from the UK and have been traveling by myself off and on for the past 3 years... I've stayed in a few hostels during my 7 months in Australia, and I must admit, this has been one of my favourites so far!

Yes, it's not perfect... It could be a little cleaner, but I didn't see one cockroach during my 2 week stay. And it could be a little quieter, but that just comes with the central location being a 2 second walk from all the bars and shops (but hey, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em, right?) I also have a thing about bed sheets, but all I had to do was go to reception and ask for new ones! They were so nice about it that they actually went out, bought me brand new ones, washed and put it in the dryer and then put it on my bed!! All I wanted was for them to change it...

Aside from those things though, I had the best time! The atmosphere in the hostel is great. Everyone is so nice and willing to have a chat and make you feel included. They're all up for a good laugh (and a goon box or two) and I have genuinely met some great friends that I hope I will come across again some day.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Vanessa B
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We have loved all the hostels that we have stayed at except this one. The front desk person was really helpful and when our DVD player didn't work he gave us new cords and when we could not stand to stay a second night - he was able to get approval from manager to have our funds refunded. That said - the kitchen was disgusting - there was no way I was cooking in there. There were bugs crawling through our stuff in our room and the TV did not work at all. We didn't even take showers here - it was really bad. We moved to a local B&B that was lovely - for the same price as our family room. Skip this hostel.....

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BoardChick_13
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We planned to stay two nights, but ended up only staying one. The guy at reception was really nice, and they refunded our second night fully! Just know that this place is great for an 18-25 year-old who likes to party and stay up late and stay at the cheapest place possible per night that's next to the beach. If you expect the normal Australia hostel experience, you'll have better luck at a B&B. Also, they advertise a working TV but it doesn't work- go rent some DVDs.

Room Tip: We stayed in a family room, and from what I've heard, they have just as much cockroaches and bug...