“Great hotel hotel with a good disabled room”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Manly
GreenLeadersBronze level
Perth, Australia
“Great hotel hotel with a good disabled room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

Husband and I stayed here for five nights. I found that this hotel was in a good location.
The room we had (Disabled Room) was good. Plenty of room for the wheelchair. Two beds with plenty or room for the wheelchair to get around. The bathroom is a good size with plenty of room to turn. There is a bath seat in the shower but when sitting on it your back is facing the handrail.. The other major problem was that the room was so far away from the lift to the main lobby. Once you got out of the lift there were about three long passageways to walk down. Not good when you have problems with walking any distance. When I rang prior to our arrival to check that we had a disabled room I was told we would have a city view. The only view we had was outside to a courtyard. That was disappointing. What makes this hotel is the staff.
Everyone seems to enjoy what they do and that shows. The service and thoughtfulness is outstanding. We had breakfast in the restaurant each day and there was a good variety including a lot of healthy options. We would stay here again if we could get a room closer to the lift.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
GM_ManlyPacific, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear cb4676,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the hotel regarding your stay at the Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific on Trip Advisor. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your wonderful comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I am pleased to hear there was ample space to accommodate your needs in your room, although I was disappointed that there were aspects of your room and room position that was not up to your standards. I want to assure you that your advice is very important to us and assists us to improve the level of product and service we provide to our guests.

I also believe that our location is perfect. Manly has everything you need and is within easy walking distance to everything. I too agree the buffet breakfast in Zali’s is a fantastic way to start the day. All the different variety allows us to cater for everyone’s needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed at the hotel as we were attending a function that night. Arrived an found there was no parking left for guests. Had to park at commercial parking nearby and was stung by the costs. Hotel applied something like a 400% mark up on the cost of wine at the function. They really know how to take the gloss off what should have been a nice stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
GM_ManlyPacific, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Ted S,

Thank you for taking the time to write and inform us of the issues that you encountered with regard to your stay at Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific. By bringing these matters to my attention it has given me the opportunity to investigate and rectify the issue.

We pride ourselves on our commitment to delivering a level of product and service that exceeds our guest's expectations. Quite clearly, we have fallen short on this commitment and I would like to express my sincere apologies.

Thank you for your comments regarding the parking. I apologise for the inconvenience caused upon your arrival. Due to the limited car spaces that are available parking is offered but not guaranteed and is subject to availability. This is also noted on your confirmation. We were working closely with the conference organiser who arranged alternative transport for function guest. This alternative was not used adequately by all attendees causing and issue of parking for hotel guest. I agree that the situation could have been handled better by the hotel for our in house guests and I sincerely apologise.

I also appreciate your concerns in relation to the expense of beverages at the function. Complementary drinks were provided at pre dinner drinks as well as on the tables as people were seated, then a cash bar was provided.

I would like to apologise again for your disappointing experience and thank you for taking the time to write and bring the issue to my attention. I do hope we have the opportunity in the future to see you visit Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific again, to show you the quality and hospitality that we are renowned for.

Manila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

I used to be a constant reviewer of hotels but stopped writing for a while and told myself to do a review only if there is an excellent hotel or a disgusting one.

Well, Novotel Manly is an excellent hotel. The view is amazing (get a room fronting Manly beach), the reception personnel and hotel housekeeping staff were outstanding, and the location is just minutes away from the convenience and department stores as well as good restaurants.

Our room was spotlessly clean and the service is great.

Without question, I am recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: The one facing the manly beach has a great view.
Dear Patersoneditha,

Thank you for providing some wonderful feedback on the hotel regarding your future stay at the Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific on Trip Advisor. It is a pleasure to receive such a positive review.

I also believe that the views from the ocean rooms are great. The views from the balcony are magnificent and an excellent way to wake up each morning.

I also believe that our location in great for all those who travel to Manly as everything you need is within easy walking distance. Manly and surrounds has a lot to offer in the way of just relaxing and is quite close to many restaurants, bars and cafes.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

We spent a night to celebrate my birthday and we had such a great stay in Manly novotel. We booked the standard room but got upgraded to ocean view which was amazing. The room was outstanding and had a very nice view. The staff I met in the hotel were all kind and helpful.

If someone is figuring out the hotels in Manly, I definitely recommend Novotel Manly as we had an amazing day.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

GM_ManlyPacific, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear E B,

Firstly I would just like to say Happy Birthday. It is always great to be apart of our guests special occasions.

I am pleased to hear that you were happy with your room. The views from the balcony are magnificent and a great way to wake up each morning.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific when you return in the future.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

We stayed at the Novotel manly Sydney from18th may to 20 th may 2014 for a conference in a suite at $650 pn.
The room was so dirty, the decorative throw pillows on the bed has stains and stunk like body odours, the walls and light switches had dirty finger marks everywhere, scratched walls and unpainted, the sofa lounges were so dirty they smelt like animals had slept on them.
The 2 bathroom sinks were blocked, when my husband finished shaving and took out the waste plug all balck scum and hairs started to fill the sink.
The bottle opener was flirty with food and sticky, the shower was full of mould.
The outside day bed was mouldy and dirty. Airconditioning vents were full of dust and mould .

I called the Hotel assistant Lucy the next morning to see the disgusting room and she didn't even blink an eye at the condition of it.
She did arrange 3 cleaners to come to the room and they spent 1 hour to clean it which didn't even bring it to 3 star standards.
She discounted 1 night by 50% and told me the outdoor day bed was mouldy and dirty because its outside and not much can be done.

Don't spend your money there, its disgusting and no standards what so ever. It should be a back packers hostel!!! Even those are not so dirty.

Dear Jaqui M,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific.

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

All feedback is used as a training tool as we are continually striving to improve the service we provide to all of our guests. I thank you for your comments regarding the cleanliness of your room. I have taken the opportunity to have an in-depth discussion with the Housekeeping Manager, to walk through the specific issues such as your bedding concerns and the cleanliness of the room and equipment that you have raised and will formulate a plan to improve our level of service.

I have also expressed to the hotel assistant my concern regarding the standard of service you have highlighted when checking the room and as a result a plan to improve aspects of the hotels operation will be initiated. I am positive that these new initiatives will improve our service levels and ensure that all of our customers have a positive perception of our hotel.

Canberra
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

I love the UTube video of a customer at this hotel, with lots of cases, which the concierge carried for her about 1 km down to the ferry terminal. I know of no other hotel in the world that would do that.

Customer service her is awesome, as in 7 star standard, for a 4 star hotel. I recently stayed for 4 nights, and on arrival I said I was not happy had to wait 15 minutes for my car at check out, and said to them please try to do better this time. This time when I was checking out, within 30 seconds if my details being put into their computer for check out (I know this is an unreal story), the concierge was asking my wife if he could take her luggage - she said no, we will take them to the basement ourselves. Within another 30 seconds he was back, and said "We have your car at the front entrance, ready to go, may I take your luggage and your husbands luggage and put it in the car for you." This was unreal, as the only way they could have done this was to use magic, and/or the power of information technology in a very innovative fashion. It was basically a Presidential moment, which made both me and my wife speechless in awe, and trust me, I am rarely speechless.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear AndrewAustralian,

It is wonderful to have a guest return to the hotel and I thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific on Trip Advisor.

We appreciate your positive comments regarding the services provided by the hotel staff. We strive to provide a superior experience for all our guests and comments such as yours will serve as an encouragement to the staff. Our goal is to put a smile on the faces of our guests every day and it appears that our staff has succeeded. And to hear that we made both yourslef and your wife speechless on a rare occasion is fantastic.

I am glad to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific. We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

I love this place the views are amazing, i stay here every time i travel to Sydney for business. What a beautiful place to wake up each morning, having coffee and breakfast overlooking the most amazing beach. Plenty of places to have dinner within walking distance from the hotel and restaurant is always nice if you want to eat in.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
GM_ManlyPacific, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Dear Karenandsteven,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoy waking up with coffee and breakfast overlooking one of Sydney's iconic beaches. The views from the balconies are magnificent and a great way to start each morning.

I believe that our location in great for all those who travel to Manly as everything you need is within easy walking distance. Manly and surrounds has a lot to offer in the way of just relaxing and is quite close to many restaurants, bars and cafes.

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay at the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manly
The Sebel Manly Beach
InterContinental Sydney
InterContinental Sydney
#24 of 174 in Sydney
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,152 reviews

Been to Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific? Share your experiences!