“Very nice” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
wollongong
“Very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Just stayed with my family. Lovely large and light filled rooms. Didnt have ocean view room but was on 7th floor and had a nice view still. Rooms are clean and beds very comfy. Would definatly recommend staying. Close to corso and across the road from beach. Top spot. 5 minute walk from ferry.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Manly_Pacific_Sydney, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear LA09,

Thank you for choosing to bring your family for a holiday to Manly. Here at the Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific it is always a pleasure to welcome families.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our focus in 2010 was a refurbishment of the rooms to ensure the rooms meet the standards of our guests.

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay at the hotel on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here as a conference I was attending was based here. I didn't chose an ocean facing room, which was a mistake, as my room had a 'view' of a wall, and was quite depressing. I could have been anywhere and it was just as well I didn't have to spend much time in the room. The hotel adopts a couple of the practices I really resent- charging a surcharge for using a credit card, and charging for Internet.
Room service food was quite good, but the conference food was generally of very basic standard. But the worse thing in my stay was finding a cockroach in my room on my last morning- I was glad to be leaving.
I did like the location though, as Manly has quite a holiday feel, even though it's only a ferry ride from the city.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank radicalseven
Runaway Bay, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Great place to stay great location price of room for such an old hotel a bit over the top and $9.00 for the bottle of water is really starting to push the friendship.Thats about all I have to say so I just need to prattle on because the people who run this web site insist you write 200 characters and I rarely stay anywhere thats good or bad enough to write that much

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear noxidg,

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

All feedback is used as a training tool as we are continually striving to improve the service we provide to all of our guests.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific in the near future.

Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Perfect location opposite a fantastic beach. Off season but Manly is still the gem of Sydney. Great deal for a huge suite, two bathrooms and breakfast included. Nothing was a difficulty for the staff, not even extracting the car from the basement late at night and returning it half an hour later. Every stay there gets better, including the sunshine.

Dear Alex G,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the hotel regarding your stay at the Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We appreciate your positive comments regarding the services and the facilities provided by the hotel. We strive to provide a superior experience for all our guests and comments such as yours will serve as an encouragement to the staff.

Our ocean view two bedroom suites are fantastic for families or couples who want that extra room. They include a separate lounge, two bedrooms and two bathrooms and offers unbeatable facilities and unparalleled views of the Pacific Ocean.

Thank you again for sharing your experience at the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for your next special occasion.

Chislehurst, Kent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Manly is a great spot - easy to get into central Sydney via the ferry, but a more relaxed and less tourist heavy location. Novotel has a great beachfront location, although ocean view is a sizeable extra charge. Breakfast was included in our rate and was excellent. Rooms are pretty standard Novotel fare and Wifi pricing is ridculously expensive and options restrictive.

It's basically the great location & breakfast that earn this an extra star. Staff were very helpful generally. Roof top pool is small but has great views.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Manly_Pacific_Sydney, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear KentishMole,

Our location in great for all those who travel to Manly as everything you need is within easy walking distance. Manly and surrounds has a lot to offer in the way of just relaxing and is quite close to many restaurants, bars and cafes.

The buffet breakfast in Zali’s is a fantastic way to start the day. All the different variety including healthy choice options allows us to cater for everyone’s needs.

Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

we stayed here for some much needed rest and found the hotel met our expectations.
A liitle trouble with being charged for a mni bar we didnt use and extra carparking but it was quickly rectified so overall a pleasant stay

Dear alderwiser1,

Thank you for providing some great feedback on the hotel of your stay on Trip Advisor.

I will share your comments with our team as I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I apologise that there was incorrect charging of the mini bar items and car parking on your account. It was great to hear that those items were reversed and quickly rectified.

Desford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I'm fortunate that my company's Sydney office is located not far from Manly and I always try to stay at the Manly Pacific if I can. The views from the ocean view rooms are great and its lovely to wake up to the sunrise over the sea and the sound of the waves.
The hotel staff are first rate and always knowledgeable and helpful. Check in and check out we're both handled efficiently. I don't usually have breakfast in the hotel because of the price but it was included in the deal I got this time. There is an extensive choice to suit all tastes.
This is one hotel I would definitely recommend to friends and colleagues.

Room Tip: Make sure to get an ocean view room if you can.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Pieter B,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the hotel regarding your stay at the Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific on Trip Advisor. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay overlooking one of Sydney's iconic beaches. I also believe that the ocean view rooms are a must. The views from the balconies are breathtaking and a great way to wake up in the morning to start the day.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific when you return in the future.

Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manly
The Sebel Manly Beach
InterContinental Sydney
InterContinental Sydney
#23 of 179 in Sydney
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,066 reviews

Been to Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific? Share your experiences!