I have recommended this hotel to many friends and family and we thoughourly enjoyed our stay. We have stayed in Manly before and we found this to be the most comfortable and worth while hotel. Great location
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the hotel regarding your stay at the Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific on Trip Advisor. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
I also believe that our location in that it is perfect for the traveler that is not familiar with the area. Manly and surrounds has a lot to offer in the way of just relaxing or activities for the more adventurous.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.
Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific
My first trip to Australia i was extremely excited to stay at a beach hotel. Upon arriving, my excitement decreased a bit. the exterior of the hotel was less than impressive, the lobby was nice and the front desk receptionist was great. The big let down was entering my room. Old looking furniture, small room, crummy view. After spending a few days last week at the Swan Hotel Disney World i felt like I walked into a time warp. All well, bed was comfortable enough. Bathroom needs an update for sure. My faucet leaks as well as my shower head, but hey, there's plenty of hot water. Some good stuff - the breakfast, if you are a fan of English Breakfast. Lots of choices and very fresh. Attending a meeting here and the food served was very nice. So all in all things were OK. I'd look for another hotel to stay at when i visit.
Although the weather was really bad the stay was fantastic. It was a girls catch-up weekend, so we had a great time. Thoroughly recommend. Manly has great shopping, fantastic restaurants and bars. the location is perfect and the view is amazing.
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific for your girl’s weekend catch-up.
Manly is a wonderful place to spend a weekend. Place a beautiful hotel, with friendly staff, excellent dining choices and service, and you have a recipe for a weekend of relaxation and rejuvenation.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.
Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific
I stayed 4 days as part of a corporate conference. Reading all other reviews prior to checking in, I made sure that I had a high floor. I was on the 6th floor facing back to the 'burbs, but that is ok as it is quiet and I didnt have anyone looking into the balcony. I had colleagues who had the beach frontage but they complained about traffic noise and revellers. The view from the front is magnificent though. The rooms seem to have gone through refurbishment, there is a sense of newness to it but functionality is sorely lacking. So what is good about this hotel?
1. The staff are very helpful and try their best to accomodate your requests
2. The location is fantastic. Right in the middle of the beach strip and you can have massive walks or take a left and go to the rockpool. All in the matter of 10 mins. Walk out turn right and go to Hemingways Cafe for a high quality cuppa. Restaurants left right and centre.
3. This is the only hotel i have stayed in which has the longest table in record. It means that you have a huge amount of space to work on, put stuff on. Good thinking there.
To be improved:
1. The shower room and the bathroom floor is separated by a piece of plastic about 3cms in height. If you have long showers, there will be a tide of water which then washes into your bathroom. Yes, aesthetically the bathroom is minimalist and pretty but functional? No.
2. There is nowehere to hang towels, handtowels or even swimming cossies
3. The kettle is the smallest I have seen in a hotel. Once you hace 2 mugs of tea/coffee, you have to boil again. Try filling a hot water bottle with this kettle.
4. The food: what in the world happened here? It all looks good, but seafood tasted rubbery and desserts tasted stale. And dont get me started on the coffee.
The reception experience was underwhelming and the furnishings are quite tired. The most baffling aspect of the stay was the dark corridors and dark foyer lighting on the accommodation floors. It gave the place a dingy atmosphere. Unless you have a sea view, you are overlooking suburbia. The food at the buffet was a bit below average. Having a few more bar staff may help the ambience so that people dont have to literally queue for service.Wouldnt be in a hurry to stay again. Great location, very average hotel.