I stayed 4 days as part of a corporate conference. Reading all other reviews prior to checking in, I made sure that I had a high floor. I was on the 6th floor facing back to the 'burbs, but that is ok as it is quiet and I didnt have anyone looking into the balcony. I had colleagues who had the beach frontage but they complained about traffic noise and revellers. The view from the front is magnificent though. The rooms seem to have gone through refurbishment, there is a sense of newness to it but functionality is sorely lacking. So what is good about this hotel?
1. The staff are very helpful and try their best to accomodate your requests
2. The location is fantastic. Right in the middle of the beach strip and you can have massive walks or take a left and go to the rockpool. All in the matter of 10 mins. Walk out turn right and go to Hemingways Cafe for a high quality cuppa. Restaurants left right and centre.
3. This is the only hotel i have stayed in which has the longest table in record. It means that you have a huge amount of space to work on, put stuff on. Good thinking there.
To be improved:
1. The shower room and the bathroom floor is separated by a piece of plastic about 3cms in height. If you have long showers, there will be a tide of water which then washes into your bathroom. Yes, aesthetically the bathroom is minimalist and pretty but functional? No.
2. There is nowehere to hang towels, handtowels or even swimming cossies
3. The kettle is the smallest I have seen in a hotel. Once you hace 2 mugs of tea/coffee, you have to boil again. Try filling a hot water bottle with this kettle.
4. The food: what in the world happened here? It all looks good, but seafood tasted rubbery and desserts tasted stale. And dont get me started on the coffee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly-refurbished Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific is a 4-star hotel situated on iconic Manly Beach. Located just 30 minutes from Circular Quay and Sydney city by ferry and offering spectacular views, this oceanfront hotel is ideally positioned for holidays and business travel. Boasting extensive conferencing facilities and 213 contemporary rooms, the hotel also features a restaurant and three bars, plus a rooftop pool, gym and spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific Hotel Manly
- Accor Sydney Manly Pacific