Quest Manly
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsgreat locationstudio apartmentopposite the ferry terminalacross the roadwasher and dryerplace to stayharbour beachbus stopfull kitchenfirst floorsofa bedexcellent staycentral locationgreat apartmentyour doorstepcircular quayclose to shops
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The apartments are excellently located being right across the street from the Manly ferry terminal and two minutes walk from Manly beach. The apartments are large and clean with good facilities including a washing machine, a drier and a microwave. Free parking plus a gym and sauna are big plusses.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a harbour view
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Mark_QuestGE, General Manager at Quest Manly, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear Guest,
Once again, it is great to hear from a Trip Advisor Senior Contributor. It is very pleasing to hear that we are providing a quality experience for all of our guests from an experienced judge.
It is also great to hear that you were able to take advantage of our complementary parking and that you made the most of our location. Because of our proximity to a range of public transport options, once you get here, you can park your car and forget about it until you check out. Many visitors to Manly don't know how easy it is to get to the CBD from here. It is as easy as crossing the road, boarding a ferry and depending on the vessel you will be in the heart of Sydney in 20-30 minutes. The benefit is, you can stay in Manly and enjoy all that comes with it without sacrificing the ability to get into town when you want or need to.
Thanks again for your review; we appreciate you taking the time to write it, as well as your wonderful comments.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed at the Quest over the Australia Day weekend. The Quest is in a great location right on the beachfront in the centre of Manly – it doesn’t get any better than that in Manly.

The ferry terminal with all its bars and restaurants are right outside and the shops and supermarkets are just around the corner which is useful if you want to use these as self catering apartments which is what they are really designed for.

Whilst we didn’t cook or eat in, all the facilities were there to do that and it also had a washing machine and dryer which is useful even if you are hotel hopping like we were.

There is an underground car park as part of the complex – if you have a car don’t book a hotel in Manly unless there is a car parking space as parking is limited and costly and it can get very busy and the wardens / rangers are apparently very efficient.

Our room (1 bed appt) was spacious with a bedroom, bathroom, sitting / dining area with a kitchen – everything you would need. There was also a balcony overlooking the beach. The bed was large and comfortable.

W-fi was $20 for 24 hours but it was quite quick. At $398 per night the Quest wasn’t cheap but I would be happy to stay again for the convenience and the facilities.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor at the front and although it was a very busy weekend the glazing was good enough to prevent any noise geting through.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
It is great to read reviews from all of our guests, but I especially enjoy receiving feedback from Trip Advisor Senior Contributors. Getting a wonderful review from regular reviewers such as yourself is an extra big accolade in my opinion, as we are being judged across a wide range of our peers as opposed to one or two.
So thank you, your kind words mean a lot to my staff and I and we hope to see you back here soon.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I live in Sydney's South so heading to Manly was still a weekend away for me and my girlfriend.

We like the Northern Beaches so it was a good chance to get away, catch up with some friends and still feel like we were on a mini holiday.

I booked the Quest Grande Esplanade which is right by where the ferry terminal is. It's also just a short walk to the main drag where you'll find some great eateries and bars which cater for everyone.

We were very impressed with the Quest itself. Mainly the friendliness of their staff. Nothing was ever a problem for them and we never had to wait for anything. It was as if they prioritised our needs above anything else.

Most places I've stayed in always have some faults in terms of the service they offer but my experience at the Quest Grande Esplanade was second to none.

I'll definitely be coming back there as it's positioned in such a great spot and my girlfriend loves the Manly way of life!

Room Tip: Gotta go for a beach facing room!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thanks very much for your review. It means a great deal to my staff and I to hear your positive comments on our property and our service. We work really hard on providing friendly and efficient service to all of our guests, so we never get tired of being told that we are on the right track.
Hopefully we see you back here for another relaxing break really soon.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed here recently with my girlfriend. You could not ask for a better location. The hotel is directly opposite the Manly wharf which gives you direct access to the city. Then there is the iconic Manly Beach just a short stroll down the Corso. Manly really has changed over the past few years with many new places to eat or have a glass of wine or beer.

The staff at the hotel are very helpful and the rooms are very clean and comfortable.

I look forward to my next stay at the Quest.

Room Tip: The harbour view rooms are great to wake up in.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thanks for your recent review and I am glad you enjoyed your time with us in Manly.
I agree, there are so many world class venues surrounding us in Manly, and it seems there are more popping up every month. Make sure you check with us on your next visit to see if there are any exciting new places for you to check out.
We look forward to welcoming you back here soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Its is not all ba so read on for the good stuff

1. Checked in and confirmed that it was okay to receive post (advised this request was added to the system and will not be an issue) - quest sent important post back to sender which resulted in a massive delay in needing to have post re-sent with the risk of not receiving it (TFN, Medicare etc)
2. When we booked the apartment we where not advised of ongoing building works to the restaurant below which has been like living on a building site and is not likely to be complete for another 2months with the apartment and a number of others located directly above a refurbishment project
3. Building works commenced at 07:30 on a number of occasions when council planning allowance was for an 08:00 start with reception/managment advising there was nothing they could do (they where not prepared to contact the builder, the proposed new proprietary organisation or Manly council to complain about breach of working hours which affected Quest clients/residents)
4. It was not until 2nights before leaving after a 25 night stay that we where offered an alternative room despite notifying them of our inconvenience
5. At $350/night (seasonal rate) for 25 nights Quest where not prepared to to review their nightly rate for all the inconvenience of living on a building site which resulted in us leaving to alternate accommodation when we would of extended our stay by another week

My suggestion is if you want to live on a building site for the next 2months and pay +$300/night then come to Quest apartments

On the positive side and once building works are complete I would recommend Quest as it has:
1. Great location with superb travel links
2. Friendly staff
3. Good facilities
4. Excellent housekeeping

• Stayed: December 2012
Mark_QuestGE, General Manager at Quest Manly, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
Thank you too, for your objective appraisal of how we are going. It seems on the whole in your opinion that we are doing a pretty good job.
With relation to your first point, indeed we let you down and again I apologise. However, as you know on the same day when we received and returned your mail to sender, we contacted the local post office and were told that the batch of mail that contained your letter had been sent already to the distribution centre. The staff member responsible for sending the letter back took it upon herself to track the letter down to the distribution centre and made arrangements to collect it, at which point you informed us not to worry as you had already taken care of the matter. While it is completely fair to say that we erred in not delivering the letter to your room immediately, I also think that it was impressive work from my team in attempting to make the situation right for you.
In relation to your remaining points, there are very few rooms that are affected by the last part of the building works. Unfortunately, when you checked in we were at capacity and due to the last minute nature of your booking we couldn’t place you away from the works. That said as the building site was on a three week hiatus for Christmas, I did not see this as presenting any issue for you. The only time I received any formal complaint from you we immediately offered to move you to an apartment well away from the site, and you refused this offer, as is your right.
As far as I can see, we really tried to make your stay all it could have been, however it is equally clear to me that in your view we didn’t meet your expectations. I am always accessible to all of our guests for any reason whatsoever, so while it would have been great to make you more satisfied while you were still here staying with us, it is never too late. Please reply to me directly at mstanley@questapartments.com.au and we can work together to getting you back here and hopefully enjoying a five star experience across the board.