“Great location!!”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Manly
Newcastle upon Tyne
“Great location!!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed at the Quest over the Australia Day weekend. The Quest is in a great location right on the beachfront in the centre of Manly – it doesn’t get any better than that in Manly.

The ferry terminal with all its bars and restaurants are right outside and the shops and supermarkets are just around the corner which is useful if you want to use these as self catering apartments which is what they are really designed for.

Whilst we didn’t cook or eat in, all the facilities were there to do that and it also had a washing machine and dryer which is useful even if you are hotel hopping like we were.

There is an underground car park as part of the complex – if you have a car don’t book a hotel in Manly unless there is a car parking space as parking is limited and costly and it can get very busy and the wardens / rangers are apparently very efficient.

Our room (1 bed appt) was spacious with a bedroom, bathroom, sitting / dining area with a kitchen – everything you would need. There was also a balcony overlooking the beach. The bed was large and comfortable.

W-fi was $20 for 24 hours but it was quite quick. At $398 per night the Quest wasn’t cheap but I would be happy to stay again for the convenience and the facilities.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor at the front and although it was a very busy weekend the glazing was goo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark_QuestGE, General Manager at Quest Manly, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Guest,
It is great to read reviews from all of our guests, but I especially enjoy receiving feedback from Trip Advisor Senior Contributors. Getting a wonderful review from regular reviewers such as yourself is an extra big accolade in my opinion, as we are being judged across a wide range of our peers as opposed to one or two.
So thank you, your kind words mean a lot to my staff and I and we hope to see you back here soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Indonesian first
Sydney
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I live in Sydney's South so heading to Manly was still a weekend away for me and my girlfriend.

We like the Northern Beaches so it was a good chance to get away, catch up with some friends and still feel like we were on a mini holiday.

I booked the Quest Grande Esplanade which is right by where the ferry terminal is. It's also just a short walk to the main drag where you'll find some great eateries and bars which cater for everyone.

We were very impressed with the Quest itself. Mainly the friendliness of their staff. Nothing was ever a problem for them and we never had to wait for anything. It was as if they prioritised our needs above anything else.

Most places I've stayed in always have some faults in terms of the service they offer but my experience at the Quest Grande Esplanade was second to none.

I'll definitely be coming back there as it's positioned in such a great spot and my girlfriend loves the Manly way of life!

Room Tip: Gotta go for a beach facing room!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thanks very much for your review. It means a great deal to my staff and I to hear your positive comments on our property and our service. We work really hard on providing friendly and efficient service to all of our guests, so we never get tired of being told that we are on the right track.
Hopefully we see you back here for another relaxing break really soon.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed here recently with my girlfriend. You could not ask for a better location. The hotel is directly opposite the Manly wharf which gives you direct access to the city. Then there is the iconic Manly Beach just a short stroll down the Corso. Manly really has changed over the past few years with many new places to eat or have a glass of wine or beer.

The staff at the hotel are very helpful and the rooms are very clean and comfortable.

I look forward to my next stay at the Quest.

Room Tip: The harbour view rooms are great to wake up in.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thanks for your recent review and I am glad you enjoyed your time with us in Manly.
I agree, there are so many world class venues surrounding us in Manly, and it seems there are more popping up every month. Make sure you check with us on your next visit to see if there are any exciting new places for you to check out.
We look forward to welcoming you back here soon.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Its is not all ba so read on for the good stuff

1. Checked in and confirmed that it was okay to receive post (advised this request was added to the system and will not be an issue) - quest sent important post back to sender which resulted in a massive delay in needing to have post re-sent with the risk of not receiving it (TFN, Medicare etc)
2. When we booked the apartment we where not advised of ongoing building works to the restaurant below which has been like living on a building site and is not likely to be complete for another 2months with the apartment and a number of others located directly above a refurbishment project
3. Building works commenced at 07:30 on a number of occasions when council planning allowance was for an 08:00 start with reception/managment advising there was nothing they could do (they where not prepared to contact the builder, the proposed new proprietary organisation or Manly council to complain about breach of working hours which affected Quest clients/residents)
4. It was not until 2nights before leaving after a 25 night stay that we where offered an alternative room despite notifying them of our inconvenience
5. At $350/night (seasonal rate) for 25 nights Quest where not prepared to to review their nightly rate for all the inconvenience of living on a building site which resulted in us leaving to alternate accommodation when we would of extended our stay by another week

My suggestion is if you want to live on a building site for the next 2months and pay +$300/night then come to Quest apartments

On the positive side and once building works are complete I would recommend Quest as it has:
1. Great location with superb travel links
2. Friendly staff
3. Good facilities
4. Excellent housekeeping

• Stayed December 2012
Mark_QuestGE, General Manager at Quest Manly, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
Thank you too, for your objective appraisal of how we are going. It seems on the whole in your opinion that we are doing a pretty good job.
With relation to your first point, indeed we let you down and again I apologise. However, as you know on the same day when we received and returned your mail to sender, we contacted the local post office and were told that the batch of mail that contained your letter had been sent already to the distribution centre. The staff member responsible for sending the letter back took it upon herself to track the letter down to the distribution centre and made arrangements to collect it, at which point you informed us not to worry as you had already taken care of the matter. While it is completely fair to say that we erred in not delivering the letter to your room immediately, I also think that it was impressive work from my team in attempting to make the situation right for you.
In relation to your remaining points, there are very few rooms that are affected by the last part of the building works. Unfortunately, when you checked in we were at capacity and due to the last minute nature of your booking we couldn’t place you away from the works. That said as the building site was on a three week hiatus for Christmas, I did not see this as presenting any issue for you. The only time I received any formal complaint from you we immediately offered to move you to an apartment well away from the site, and you refused this offer, as is your right.
As far as I can see, we really tried to make your stay all it could have been, however it is equally clear to me that in your view we didn’t meet your expectations. I am always accessible to all of our guests for any reason whatsoever, so while it would have been great to make you more satisfied while you were still here staying with us, it is never too late. Please reply to me directly at mstanley@questapartments.com.au and we can work together to getting you back here and hopefully enjoying a five star experience across the board.
Athens, Greece
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We had to ditch our old hotel to arrive at this at 11pm by a receptionist waiting for us to direct us to our room. Nothing but friendly great service, friendly staff and conveniently placed.
Loved every minute of our stay.
Cheers

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank ATravelMap
Mark_QuestGE, General Manager at Quest Manly, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks for your glowing review.
It is great to hear that you had an excellent experience during your recent stay with us. Obviously two essentials of any good hotel is its cleanliness and service. We pride ourselves on both of these factors, so it is great to hear that you were impressed by both.
Thanks again and hopefully we see you back here really soon.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Great accommodation with a beautiful outlook to Manly Ferry precinct.
Surrounded by quality restaurants, great coffee downstairs and supermarket a short walk away. Even though we were there for business felt like a holiday

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review.
Once you are in Manly it is pretty easy to switch into holiday mode no matter what you are here for. It is a special place.
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to welcoming you back here soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Such a nice spot overlooking the harbour and the Corso. We stayed for four nights then went back for a further five. Initially had a studio apartment overlooking the Corso but for the second part of the stay we were upgraded by the manager to a one bedroom apartment after I had requested a conversation with him because of having been placed in a studio immediately above building works to the ground floor shops, where hammer drilling from 9am was a real problem. The building works were beyond the control of the Quest, and should have been completed in the winter season; but, placing us immediately above was insensitive. (The building woks should have finished by now!) The manager's response was helpful and I would recommend the Quest at Manly as somewhere that will respond well to issues raised with them. I have stayed here before and the quality and cleanliness of the apartments can't be faulted and the staff responsiveness is excellent. The Quest is not cheap (but is value for money in Manly terms).

Room Tip: Go for a one bedroom harbour view if you can afford it. Much quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Mark_QuestGE, General Manager at Quest Manly, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review- it was great to see you back at our little property.
You make a lot of good points. The good news is that the disruptive part of the build for the new Crinitis restaurant is done, so we are getting closer to the opening date for this great new venue.
Unfortunately we were at capacity when you stayed with us, so our options were limited in terms of where we could put you initially. That said, hopefully you finished well ahead by the time you checked out!
I will pass on your compliments to my staff and we look forward to seeing you back here next year.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manly
Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific
Surry Hills
ADGE Apartment Hotel
ADGE Apartment Hotel
#2 of 178 in Sydney

Been to Quest Manly? Share your experiences!