“Unique experience”
Review of After Dark Nature Tours - CLOSED

After Dark Nature Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Seeking a completely unique experience? After Dark Nature Tours in Manly uses NIGHT VISION GOGGLES to give people an unforgettable and completely different opportunity to experience Australia's wonderful nocturnal wildlife in its own environment. Set in one of Sydney's most beautiful locations you'll be equipped with your own personal set of NIGHT VISION GOGGLES so you can see owls, bandicoots, possums, echidnas and much more up close and personal.Let your guide take you to another world around Manly, Shelly Beach and through the rare Eastern Suburbs Banksia Scrub bushland of North Head. All while you experience local animals coming alive at night whilst you marvel at the beauty of the bush under starlight. Your guide will take you to a special place where you can sample home made roasted wattle seed scones with bush jams. While you sipping on locally sourced bush teas, learn about the area's cultural significance to the traditional Kay-Ye-My Aboriginal people who occupied the area now known as Manly. Discover the true indigenous origins of surfing and learn about Manly's rich surfing history. It's a great way to discover the Natural, European and Aboriginal cultural history of the area first hand. Perfect for the family or those wanting something a unique and different experience.Choose from three tours; The Sunset Tour, The Night Wonders Tour or a Galaxy Tour which is tailored to meet the needs and wishes for groups and functions.All Tours are lead by experienced and qualified guides.
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My wife and I highly recommend this tour for anyone around or visiting the Sydney area. Though not a typical honeymoon activity, my wife and I decided to try the After Dark Nature Tour, because it seemed to offer a authentic nature experience. It delivered, and then some. Jess is a fantastic guide who really has a passion for the history and nature of the area - he has a deep understanding of the plant and animal life, as well as the Aboriginal culture. We saw bandicoots, flying foxes, ringtail possums, brushtail possums, and a giant spider, all while using the night vision goggles which allow you to observe the wildlife without disturbing them. Truly an awesome experience!

1  Thank bizarreets

Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

During a short stay in Sydney I saw all the typical attractions one would see while there but if you want to do something really unique and interesting then I highly suggest spending 3 hours with " After Dark Nature Tours" in the national park along the coastline overlooking Manly Harbour. You walk with Jess (the tour guide) with night vision glasses and see nocturnal animals and learn about interesting facts about local history. This tour is a must see no brainer. Wait until I tell my friends at home! Derek from California.

1  Thank susannoosa
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Fabulous night, highly recommended for locals and visitors. My partner and I wanted to give a US relative a real Australian experience during his visit. After Dark ended up being his highlight of Sydney. We took a ferry to Manly then a leisurely stroll along the corso to meet the tour at Shelly Beach. Beautiful! Jess, our guide was professional, knowledgeable and a wizard at weaving the remarkable story of Sydney. The native plants and animals, astronomy and the usually elusive sites of the area were spectacular even to me, a true blue Sydney-sider.
We loved using the night vision glasses seeing the animals so very close, unaware that we were watching them. The warm wattle seed scones, selection of native teas and jams provided midway through the tour while overlooking the ocean and distant city lights was a real treat.

3  Thank BigDRedwood
Reviewed October 26, 2013

The After Dark Tour of North Head Manly is a must NOT MISS when you stay or holiday in Manly
Jess our guide was very knowledgeable of all things to do with flora and fauna and the general
history of the area , i will give gift vouchers to my overseas and interstate friends so they do not miss out , a fantastic night .

2  Thank Brian H
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I found this when looking for things to do in Sydney. As luck would have it, it was in Manly (where I was staying with my friends), so I checked with them, and they had never heard of it, but thought it sounded good, so we all booked on.

Jess was fantastic, he was extremely knowledgeable, friendly and passionate about the area and the wildlife. We were fitted up with an ear piece so we could hear him talk, and night vision goggles, and then we set for for the walk, which lasted nearly three hours, and was brilliant. I don't want to give it all away, but we saw an amazing array of wildlife very close up, as they weren't disturbed by us, and we learnt a lot about the local area and history as well.

Al I can say is you should definitely book on, it's a fantastic experience and the good reviews speak for themselves.

2  Thank Lizzie D