“I licked my China plate clean”
Review of China Beach - CLOSED

China Beach
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Manly
South Coast, Australia
“I licked my China plate clean”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We were staying at an AirBnB establishment. Their recommendations for places to eat was minimal. I think just 2-3. Top of the list was China Beach with its amazing cuisine. And rightly so too. Great location. Excellent food and impeccable service. It is not BYO which is a bit of a bummer but not a big concern. Ensure you book ahead as this place was full each time we walked past. Don't be misled by the rather plain decor compared to others nearby.

Visited August 2014

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Very YUM cha!!”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

We were greeted warmly, and made to feel like VIP's from start to finish, even though the restaurant was busy. Excellent cocktail first. The food was amazing. So many great flavours! Can't wait for an excuse to go back!

• Visited July 2014
Sydney, Australia
“3rd time still excellent”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

If you're looking for a wonderful restaurant in Manly look no further then China Beach, cheery staff, excellent Asian food. None of those awful gluggy chinese dishes here, all full of flavour and very modern

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Chris S
Sydney, Australia
“Our Favourite Restaurant in Manly”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

The food is fresh and full of flavour and the vibe is great. Our favourite entree is the scallops and dessert is the sago with coconut milk and passionfriut...yum!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Kelly M
“Imaginative Asian, great service”
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

We ate here 3 times during a week in Manly. I was a bit reluctant when I looked at the menu: normally a restaurant that covers Thai, Vietnamese, Cantonese, Japanese etc does none of them well. One meal convinced otherwise: dishes range from good to excellent, and from quite trad to imaginative twists on an old theme. Staff were excellent - they knew the menu, would give an opinion on quantity,selection and wine match, and I didn't notice my water glass being kept topped up. The service was quick, and turnover decent, so there was always a table looking onto the beach in a busy holiday week.

Highly recommended.