“Lovely afternoon enjoying food, drinks and view”
Review of Manly Wine

Manly Wine
Ranked #70 of 300 Restaurants in Manly
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Manly
Melbourne
“Lovely afternoon enjoying food, drinks and view”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

From the beer and wine choices to the food - barramundi, steak, frites, pasta and desserts, this was a great place to be on a warm afternoon.

The service was attentive and friendly (as it be during a quite session)

I'll return next time I'm local in Manly.

• Visited January 2013

• Polish first
London
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Went for lunch and had the most lovely time. Great decor , lovely food and really great staff. Would recommend the fish and chips! Delicious!

Melbourne, Australia
“Great location, but service staff need a lesson”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Manly wine is in a great location, they have great tunes and an ok wine list. Not extensive, but some decent wines to kick back and sip while you people watch the manly boardwalk.

Upon arrival, while we were promptly sat, we were told if we werent eating we would be asked to finish up and leave for diners. This I dont understand. It was only late afternoon on a Saturday and its a WINE BAR, My girlfriends and I were going to catch up and have a drink and laugh after a late lunch, so didnt want to eat We were paying customers and more likely to spend more money just on wine. Food just gets in the way of a nice afternoon drinking wine and catching up with friends you havent seen for a while. Normally I would have bailed and gone somewhere else and not want to give such establishment my money, but my friends really wanted to stay. So I dealt with it. We were there for around 2hrs and spent $200 just on wine

We polished off our first bottle, a Margaret River Sav Blanc and promptly ordered another, we waited over 15 mins and I had to summon the waiter to see if the wine was on its way. Another 10 mins later and he came back and said they didnt actually have any more of the same bottle. Not the greatest in customer service Ive ever encountered.

The customer service is also very selective, the staff seem to tend to the customers they think are worthy, you know the type designer attire, ironic mustache, crew. We were there relaxing in our weekend casuals, loose ponytails, no make up and for this reason we did not get the greatest service or subsequently leave a tip. While tipping isnt customary in Australia, If I receive great service I will normally leave a decent tip.

Staff here need to be told to treat everyone equally, as sometimes the tip wielding customers don’t flash their wealth on their wardrobe or on false airs of superiority, but are happy to share it when the service is up to scratch.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank C P M
Sydney, Australia
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We came to this restaurant because my daughter came the week prior for a hens night. Meet & greet was fine & efficient. Had to wait 15 minutes to get the menus though. Pre-dinner drinks were placed, these took a tad too long as well. Waitstaff were young & fresh but were lacking professionalism, organised chaos maybe? Shared entrees to the centre of the table, prawn dish was good, veal & chorizo sausage roll was good, chilli salt squid was very good. Main courses, Steak was good, roast pork belly was very good. Fit out of the restaurant is excellent, befitting its location opposite Manly Beach. Waitstaff were very friendly, food is very good Highly recommend

1 Thank Darren H
Adelaide, Australia
“French fused with Australian beach”
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Excellent wine list, terrific cocktails, great service. We loved our position, looking outwards from high chairs and a long bench. Yes the food is a bit pricey but hey its main street Manly. Good vibe and alive!!