“This is what I dreamed everything in Australia would look like”
Review of Sugar Lounge

Sugar Lounge
Ranked #148 of 300 Restaurants in Manly
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Manly
Helsinki, Finland
“This is what I dreamed everything in Australia would look like”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We had a breakfast here on our first day trip to Manly. I really really liked the atmosphere in this place. It's the nicest beach front lounge bar I ever visited. And trust me, I've been all around the world, and this is on of the nicest coffee shops/bars/breakfast places I've ever been to!
The coffee was good, the breakfast was something I guess they designed for surfers, so very nice if you have a day full of activities ahead! If Manly was where I found the Australia I went to look for, Sugar Lounge is definitely part of it.

The only cons I find in this place was the service could've been a little... better. As in quicker and with a little more smile. (don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't brilliant either.) And they don't serve coffee after five or so. The atmosphere makes up for all that, definitely worth visiting!

• Visited January 2013

Sydney, Australia
“Wednesday $15 Burger and Beer”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

The Sugar Lounge is a very laid back casual restaurant. View of the beach, and a great deal of a burger and beer for $15 for lunch. The atmosphere is very beach centered, and great atmosphere!

• Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Nice simple food, good drinks and great location”
Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

We had a lunch at Sugar Lounge and we found the place to be perfect to get some food after few hours spent on the beach. We are able to enjoy very tasty pizzas and some chilled wine while enjoying the view of the beach. The staff also created a great relaxed atmosphere.

Sydney
“The beginning to a great night out...”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The beginning to a good night…

The Sugar Lounge is an awesome place to come an chill out in the afternoons and evenings. It’s located right across from the beach, so it’s great to cool down with a beer while you take in a hot summer’s sunset.

Wednesday night’s there are 2 for 1 meals, Friday nights there are $5 pizzas (yes!) and $5 Peroni’s and Saturday nights you can get 10% off your bill if you check-in on Facebook. I suggest the feta, pumpkin and zucchini pizza and the pork quesadillas.

Can’t go wrong! Even as a Manly resident it’s the perfect solution when we feel like a cheap bite and great start to a Friday! Definitely recommend!

• Visited January 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“It's all about the location, not the food.”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We had breakfast with our two kids at the Sugar Lounge after being fed up with our hotel buffet offerings. Four serves of average pancakes (2 adults & 2 kids servings) and a coffee for us adults, set us back $46. Sitting directly opposite Manly beach makes it nearly a bargain. Other reviewers have complained about the coffee...I guess it's South American bean, which typically gives it a vingar like aftertaste...you either like it or hate it...overall it's Ok, but with so many other places doing breakfast keep your options open.

1 Thank Roaming_AMo