“Disregard bad reviews - this is a good place to eat!”
Review of Watervue

Watervue
Ranked #224 of 303 Restaurants in Manly
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Manly
Description: See website.
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
“Disregard bad reviews - this is a good place to eat!”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We've been visiting Watervue for some years while visiting family in Manly. Sure it's a tourist place, located in the Corso, up towards the ocean beach. We have NEVER had a bad meal there, and trust me, we would say so if we had! For $15 you can get a very good barramundi and chips, it's BYO and they happily provide the ice bucket and glasses for $5 corkage. We've never had bad service, never had a bad meal and the guy (manager?) out the front recognises us even after 7 or 8 months. It's not gourmet, doesn't pretend to be, but a good feed for lunch in the sun.

San Francisco, California
“Keep walking”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Probably the worst meal I had in Australia, they couldn't really even get pizza right. This was one of the first restaurants we saw after the Spit to Manly walk and we were so hungry we fell into the trap. Definitely recommend to keep walking out along Manly Beach, there are several cute looking places that we unfortunately didn't get to eat at. The food here is gluggy and most everything fried and the wines below average. Was great for people watching.

1 Thank TravelBugin415
UK
“Good Meal despite what others say!!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We visited this place for dinner and found it fine. It was a Monday evening and not busy. The food quality was fine bearing in mind the price and the service was good. It is in a prime location but perhaps needs more competition. It certainly was not the best meal I have ever had but my party of four had no complaints.

I have attached a few photographs.

• Visited October 2013
Sydney, Australia
“STALE PRAWNS and RUDE manager...”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My wife and I had sat down to order a seafood platter, I asked the waitress ir the seafood was fresh, she replied "no its FROZEN. .
I decided to order the bbq prawns with mash potato, well the mash potato was yellow and tastes like a block of butter. The prawns were not BBQ just heated up on the stove, very dry and rubbery.
I told the owner, his the rube bloke that stands out front smoking.
He told me that he has no time for this and if I don't like the food then get out.He abused us on the way out and continued to yell abuse at use we walked down the Corso....
I WILL NEVER GO BACK...

Sydney
“Absolutely disgusting manager and frozen food served”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Advertised as a "fresh seafood restaurant " RUBBISH !!!!! And rubbish is what we got! The food was disgusting; the waiter admitted it was imported frozen seafood. When we asked the owner/manager where the seafood came from and whether it was frozen, he was rude and abrupt and told us not to eat it if we didn't like it, he hurled abuse at us as we left. Don't waste your time, if you got served the crap we did you wouldn't pay for it. A frozen seafood meal in woolworths would be tastier, more nutritious and FRESHER !!!!

NEVER AGAIN!!!!! WHAT A PIG he doesn't deserve any business!

2 Thank Lis77763