“You'd be better going to hungry jacks!”
Review of Watervue

Watervue
Ranked #235 of 314 Restaurants in Manly
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Manly
Description: See website.
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We ordered quite quickly and our drinks came straight way. 40 mins later our food finally arrived asking twice how long it would be after everyone else around us had eaten and left. When it arrived, my boyfriend sent it back as it wasn't hat he'd asked for. We shared mine which was cold! The table next to us also had problems. They arrived after us. Part of their order arrived which they ate and finished. About 15 mins later the last meal came which they had no cutlery for! Don't bother going, there are so many places around which are much nicer!

1  Thank Pal F

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

3 for dinner. Should have known to leave when the waitress didn't understand what fried seafood platters were as opposed to fresh (and she let slip the seafood was frozen). We ordered the seafood platter for 2 and it was terrible. Hot things were warm and fruit and seafood was rubbery and not fresh. I just hope I don't get sick from it. Go elsewhere!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

This is by far the worst restaurant I have ever sat down in. We ordered a big vegetarian breakfast to share, and mistakenly thought (for $15) that it would include eggs. When the food came out, without eggs, and cold, we were told that it was our fault for not reading the menu. When we asked if we could send it back and perhaps only pay for the coffees the manager came out and called us rude, refused to take the food back because we were wasting it, and said he didn't care about customer service because the food was perfect and he shouldn't have to fix our mistake. We unwillingly paid without eating and were then told that we had ruined his day. As locals, we were so disgraced by the service and attitude that we decided to take a photo of the restaurant (which is perfectly legal) and he threatened to call the police. As we walked away the manager and all of the waitstaff laughed and smiled, telling us to have a nice day. This is obviously not the first time they have dealt with complaints.
Do not eat here if you expect good service, decent food and not to be verbally abused by the owner.

1  Thank K T
Reviewed July 16, 2013

There were 9 of us wanting to have lunch so I would have thought the duty manager would have been nicer. He literally was rude, arrogant and abusive. He slammed the tables and chairs together whilst ranting because some of us wanted to sit in the shade of umbrellas and some in the sun, really just a simple seating arrangement. When one of the waitresses dropped a glass pieces hit my wife where he instantly said it was OK and didn't matter. It was then we got up and walked away without placing our order. Having read the other reviews it seems like perfect timing otherwise this mongrel would have our money. We then went to Crinitis and had a fantastic meal with impeccable service.

1  Thank Tigerrr3
Reviewed May 18, 2013

There was a large Sunday crowd and thought this would be a good indicator. Was interested in trying the grilled barramundi with chips. It was almost lunch so I asked and the maitre'd said it was okay. The service was not that long and when I saw the fish, it looked like it was fried. When I turned it over, it definitely was not grilled. I asked the waitress and she said she did not know. The maitre-d came over and said grilled means they add oil during grilling. It was obvious thorugh that this fish was heated with oil on a flat pan. OK, I'm okay with fried fish and initially was fine because it was fully fried and crunchy on one side. About 5 minutes after I left, I began having the itchy feeling when fish is not fresh. So for a $16 fried, not so fresh barramundi, not the best experience in Australia.

1  Thank betamax12345