“Run, fast & don't look back.”
Review of Watervue

Watervue
Ranked #232 of 311 Restaurants in Manly
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Manly
Description: See website.
Reviewed July 16, 2013

There were 9 of us wanting to have lunch so I would have thought the duty manager would have been nicer. He literally was rude, arrogant and abusive. He slammed the tables and chairs together whilst ranting because some of us wanted to sit in the shade of umbrellas and some in the sun, really just a simple seating arrangement. When one of the waitresses dropped a glass pieces hit my wife where he instantly said it was OK and didn't matter. It was then we got up and walked away without placing our order. Having read the other reviews it seems like perfect timing otherwise this mongrel would have our money. We then went to Crinitis and had a fantastic meal with impeccable service.

1  Thank Tigerrr3

Reviewed May 18, 2013

There was a large Sunday crowd and thought this would be a good indicator. Was interested in trying the grilled barramundi with chips. It was almost lunch so I asked and the maitre'd said it was okay. The service was not that long and when I saw the fish, it looked like it was fried. When I turned it over, it definitely was not grilled. I asked the waitress and she said she did not know. The maitre-d came over and said grilled means they add oil during grilling. It was obvious thorugh that this fish was heated with oil on a flat pan. OK, I'm okay with fried fish and initially was fine because it was fully fried and crunchy on one side. About 5 minutes after I left, I began having the itchy feeling when fish is not fresh. So for a $16 fried, not so fresh barramundi, not the best experience in Australia.

1  Thank betamax12345
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Okay, the food is terrible. But go for the view, because it's the only place on The Corso with outside seating right in the middle of The Corso where the people-watching is great. The food may be lousy, but there's nothing wrong with the coffee; and you can nurse one for an hour between meal hours when they're not busy.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Worst meal I have eaten EVER !! Cold and hot food was all warm although the owners abuse was scorching.
True rip off. I doubt if this restaurant has regular customers.

3  Thank Annie_paddo
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Crap crap crap crap crap crap
Keep walkin past this one. Absolutely terrible seafood. The overseas fish and calamari was stone cold, and the overseas cold prawns and bugs were steamin hot.

2  Thank Austravla