If you're looking for peace & tranquility, breathtaking views and yet close proximity to Manly, this is perfect - however, it comes at a cost:
1.obnoxious staff - consistently, and I stayed during the season of goodwill, so lord knows what happens during non-holiday periods
2. Air-con - you'll be disappointed
3. Local knowledge - buses do NOT run all-day, they cease at 5pm, so be prepared to climb summits more akin to a Sir Ranulph Fiennes expedition when trekking back from Manly, and don't be conned by the bus schedule, it's 4 yrs out of date (yep, last version clearly marked 2010)
4. Taxis ordered by reception are subject to an additional $3 charge, that is not an issue, but it would be nice to be told by reception
5. If you lose the remote control in your room (the cleaner took ours for the crime of leaving it on the bed), be prepared to wait 3days to get a replacement, after 4 requests and 2 universal remotes that do not work - yes, it was that amusing
6. Need help with your suitcase when checking out? It's okay taxi's will charge you $9 for a trip down to Manly, WRONG, according to a rather convoluted message, taxis will not take more than 1item of luggage, so if you're a couple with baggage it's 2 taxis, or as reception stated 'you can get a bus?' - meanwhile, 2 Q-Station buses drove past us as we stood at the bus stop.....
7. Need ONE extra hour to check-out? Forget it - when asking we were informed 'sorry, we're busy in the morning' - so no checking of schedule, or clarity re-room availability to accommodate the request, just a simple 'blow-out' (coming from a receptionist that was of American descent, I know as I work for an American company with native colleagues - that receptionist was an embarrassment to her country)
8. Be prepared, if the power outages kick in, you'll be drinking warm beer until it's fixed - and don't pin hopes on reception notifying you of issue/status - you actually have to report the issue before they verify what has happened - priceless
Not a rant, just plain facts with simple solutions made difficult by a company who need to take a serious look at the level of employee to customer service.
I liked the place, but you don't make progress by standing still, and you always look to get the basics right, and anticipate/resolve when you are in a customer service driven environment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on North Head at Manly, Q Station offers unparalleled sweeping views of Sydney Harbour from Manly back towards the City and South Head. With over 70 buildings spread across 33 hectares, bring your walking shoes with you. We offer a shuttle service on site as no private vehicles are given access - so leave your vehicle at our carpark, jump on board and relax. Whilst here we'd recommend that you visit our Luggage Store Visitor Centre Cafe & Museum, as well as the Boilerhouse Harbourside Restaurant & Bar - both areas are very popular here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Q Station Sydney Harbour National Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- q Station Hotel Manly