“A Home away from Home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manly
Manly Harbour Loft Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 9 Manly B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Perth, Australia
“A Home away from Home”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We had the pleasure of spending 3 nights at Manly Loft in February. My initial enquiries regarding accomodation availability were dealt with promptly and efficiently.The loft room is spacious, comfortable and very well maintained. We have never stayed in a B & B before but found it very much suited our needs. The location was nice and quiet - no traffic noise yet it was still close enough to walk into the main area of Manly.The breakfasts were wonderful and much bigger than we would normally eat. We had a mango smoothie a couple of mornings (which were divine ) and on one of the mornings we were served fresh pastries purchased from the bakery that morning. Sally is an extremely friendly and helpful hostess and her accomodation is a credit to her and her family.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
manlyloft, Owner at Manly Harbour Loft Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Dear Susan,
Thankyou for taking the time to review us, and so glad you enjoyed the smoothies!!!
We're so glad we got to be the frist B&B you have ever stayed in, and hope you will return someday.
Our best wishes, Lee and Sally.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Maidstone
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We stayed at the Loft for 13nights in December whilst visiting my son who lives in Balgowlah 10mins away. The blue room is fabulous so comfortable, clean,bright and with everything provided that you could possibly want including access to a computer in the room. The wet room was lovely so much space and hot water was plentiful at all times. There is a small balcony with chairs and a table and we used to have our breakfast sitting out there with the sun shing down on us. Sally the host is so welcoming and friendly it makes your stay so relaxing as she is always around if you want to speak to her but never intrudes.The loft is in a great position for walking into Manly itself for the shops or ferry and to Shelley Beach which is great. The ferry is a fun experience for getting into the city and runs every 15mins so always available. If you are pondering over whether to book the loft do not look any further you will not be disappointed, its like home from home. Thanks Sally for making our stay a memorable one, sorry about the tears on our last day and it got worse at the airport saying goodbye to my son. We definitely will be back for another visit and certainly will book with you again.
Happy New Year best wishes. Margaret and Dave.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bestoffriends10
manlyloft, Owner at Manly Harbour Loft Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Dear Margaret and Dave,
Thankyou for writing this amazing review, so glad you want to come back!
You made me cry too ha! That's why I never do ariports, I send my family, and use myself, the airport bus, less traumatic.
All the very best for the new year!
Sally and Lee.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I haven't actually stayed at this B&B, but e-mailed Sally Burnes (the owner) as I will be in Manly in Feb 2012 and was enquiring about staying there for 2 nights. Unfortunately, they were fully booked on the dates I requested :(

However, Sally forwarded my details on to other B&Bs in the area. This surpassed my expectations and is something that I would not generally experience in the UK. Within a day or so, I received e-mails from about 6 local B&Bs that had availability on my dates. It saved me a lot of time that I would have otherwise spent searching for accommodation, and it's always good to stay somewhere that's recommended.

Very impressed and grateful to Sally - she didn't have to go that extra mile, but glad she did!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Yogi240
manlyloft, Owner at Manly Harbour Loft Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Well I wasn't expecting that! It is so nice to get rewarded with your kind words, as I do take time and trouble to help people out, but was overwhelmed when I read your review, thankyou very much! I hope we can look after you next time.
Thankyou,
London, UK
Reviewed December 5, 2011

This was a lovely B&B that suited us well - quiet, friendly host, lovely room and bathroom, good location, with a fridge and other basic kitchen facilities so we could enjoy snacks, wine or breakfast on the balcony. It's only a short walk from the ferry and from all the shops and restaurants in Manly. And it makes a nicer place to stay for exploring Sydney than in the city.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
manlyloft, Owner at Manly Harbour Loft Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Gosh, I should just use your review on my page, as it says everything that I would like to convey.
Thankyou for staying with us, and please come back to Manly!! Oh and us!
Yours
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 29, 2011

As soon as you enter your room, you know right away you will feel at home. I had the upstairs king room. It's very spacious. Painted in a light shade of blue that soothes the eyes and mind. It is light-filled with large windows. I always left the windows and patio doors open, even in light rain, because the fresh air is nice and you can hear & see the colorful lorikeets. In the early morning, you can see sunrise colors from your bed. Just wonderful.

Manly is a wonderful beach town. I stayed 5 days. Was sad to leave. Tried to extend my stay, but Sally was booked solid into Jan for both upstairs and downstairs rooms.

SHINING STAR
Sally is a wonderful hostess. Sparkling, calm personality. You can tell she is innately natural at taking care of people.

AMENITIES
The quality of the room, the bedding, amenities, and bath were all very good. Just about everything you need are there...
- large min-fridge with freezer section
- toaster, microwave, electric kettle for boiling water
- assortment of teas, bowl of fruits
- plates, bowls, glasses, mugs, silverware
- ultra soft robes to lounge in
- iron, ironing board
- blow dryer, straightening iron
- beach towels
- computer with great internet wifi connection
- games, book
- A/C, heater

BATHROOM
I thought the wet room (bathroom) is interesting. I thought the whole floor would get wet. But it didn't (and I'm a big splasher). The drain and the indiscernible floor tilt in the shower area meant water stayed only in the shower area of the bathroom floor. I actually would like a wet room of my own now.
There is also a heater in the wet room. In case you need it in the winter.

BED
Comfortable bed with nice bedding. How comfy? Don't-want-to-get-out-of-bed comfy.

NO CREAKING
This house is old. But construction must be solid, because it does not creak at all. Not at all.

HOUSE CAT
Stanley can be found climbing the tree, or just hanging around. He is a cute cat with soft fur. One day I took my breakfast down to the front porch, and Stanley joined me.
Note that he doesn't go into the rooms, and is not allowed anyways.

I hope to return soon for another stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
manlyloft, Owner at Manly Harbour Loft Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, December 10, 2011
Hi Sasima,
I thought my last review was good but your's take's the biscuit!
I have never been reviewed with such finer detail, I have tried to think of everything, and still room for more I am sure, but I loved that you loved our unintrusive cat! He is there if you like him, but not if you don't! Ha, and he looked just like yours! I really do hope that you will come back and spend more time with us.
Take care,
Huddersfield
Reviewed November 26, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights having found the accommodation on the internet. The loft is only approx. a 5 minute walk out of Manly and is quiet but convenient for the ferry, the beach and the town. There's a lovely balcony where you can sit out and have breakfast of which you have a choice of cooked or a selection of cereals, yoghurt, breads / preserves etc., A big thank you to Sally for making us feel so welcome

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
manlyloft, Owner at Manly Harbour Loft Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Yes you are out of the noise, but close enough to walk everywhere, you really don't need a car if coming here.
Thankyou so much for your lovely review, we really appreciate it.
Sally and Lee.
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Spent 3 nights at Manly Loft and enjoyed our time there immensely. The location was convenient for day trips via ferry to Sydney and we had some great meals at 3 different restaurants. Sally was a great host and made us feel very welcome.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
manlyloft, Owner at Manly Harbour Loft Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Thankyou both for saying we are still number 1, we try our best to be, and hope you will return to us again, next time you're in Manly! Enjoy the festive season!
Our very best wishes,