“Hairs in my bed!”

Liberty Plains Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lidcombe
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Lucky we were only staying for one night and just needed a place to sleep. First of all, this motel is on a very busy road and the turn into it comes up suddenly, a good way to be rear ended, so put your blinker on a long way before it. I'm glad I didn't have to try getting out of there in rush hour! The room looked clean enough until I turned back the covers and found long black hairs on my pillow and sheets, then more on the blanket, yuk! Then there was the shower and toilet. The toilet was a tiny room with a door and opposite this was a shower, which was a tiny room with a door. In between the two tiny rooms was a sink and bathroom cabinet, completely open to the rest of the room, so nowhere to get dressed in private, from the other people you are sharing the room with. It was close to Lidcombe station, an easy walk, but a bit frightening walking back at midnight as there were no taxis at the station at that time of night. We paid $115 for the night which I thought was a bit steep, considering the quality of the motel! I have stayed at 4 star hotels for not much more. Also, and this is a big turn off, no breakfast is available!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 13, 2014

We just needed a night's accommodation in the Lidcombe area. We saw this place, called in, were able to get a room and had a quick look. The room (no. 3) was neat and clean; it had a double bed, couch, TV, coffee making facilities, bar fridge and bathroom with shower only. There was airconditioning. It was basic but quite acceptable. The only below-par feature was that there was no toilet roll holder - the roll was sitting on the cistern. The night was relatively quiet (the place is on a major road) and we slept pretty well. As a bonus we were allowed to use the motel's skip as we had some hard rubbish. The service was fine. We would stay there again is similar circumstances.

Room Tip: The rooms appear to be numbered from the main road back, so the higher the number, the further you a...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We booked a family room online for one night and were very impressed with the room and the service. We stayed for two.
Spotlessly clean and comfortable. Very accommodating and friendly staff. I am surprised at some of the other reviews as we were more than happy with our stay.
We will come again and happy to recommend to others.
JT Newman ACT

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Janet N
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We booked online, expecting what the pictures showed. In reality, our room stank of urine, the toilet had stains on the wall tiles (brown smears, use your imagination), the bathroom had long black hairs on the floor, the chair by the desk had white stains on the seat and we dared not uncover the beds. Although we'd booked online and understood that no refunds can be given, we left after an hour, totally unbearable accommodation. Found somewhere else within a 10 minute drive for the same price but much more civilised. The reception man at Liberty Plains managed to get me one night refunded for which I am grateful but honestly I have no idea how this place can still exist.

Room Tip: Simply choose somewhere else.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mmatley
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I booked a double and a twin room in July 2013 for our stay on 5th September 2013, (when we arrived I was told we had 2 queen rooms, I asked why and was told we must have been upgraded, the clerk wasn't really sure). I specifically requested non smoking rooms only, upon our arrival at lunchtime we entered 1 room and were hit with the stench of stale cigarette. I went to the office and complained and advised the clerk that my mother is an asthmatic and wouldn't be able to stay in a smoky room. I was told that the rooms weren't smoked in at all but that he would get housekeeping to go and check it out while I went to my appointment in the city. I got back about 5pm and the room still smelt of stale cigarette but also a strong smell of deodoriser. I opened my mothers room and it was the same but not quite as bad. I went back to reception and another clerk told me that they were full and couldn't do anything about the matter. We had no choice but to stay as I had paid in full back in July. It was the most uncomfortable night I have ever spent in a motel. When I unpacked my bags when I got home even my suitcase and all my clothes had a strong scent of cigarette through them. I wrote an email and received an unsatisfactory email back informing me that they were having a change of managment and that it was a very busy time for them and things will be better soon. They offered my 70 per cent off my next stay, as if I'd ever be staying there again!!!!

Room Tip: I thought I'd covered my bases my requesting non smoking rooms and the fact that I'd booked...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Cherie S
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The people and service were nice at the Inn but the room was mediocre. The issues we had were:

-When we walked in the floor was tiled and the queen bed had wheels so when you sat on it it moved around alot.
-The heater/aircon smelled when we turned it on to warm the room. Stunk the room up so I turned it off and the smell hung around all night till we left the next day. Change the filter!
-The sink tap was one of those flip to the left or right for cold or hotr water but no matter which way you turned it the water was always hot.
-Walls are thin regarding sound so you can hear people on either side.
-You can hear the pipes shudder when water was used in the upstairs rooms.
-You can hear people talking out in the carpark from you room at all hours of night.

But it wasn't all too bad. The shower head was GOOD and felt great on my shoulders. We got a family room just for the two of us and judging but we saw we were afraid to think about what a single or double room would be like. All in all it was clean and the bed was warm.

We ordered dinner in at the room from a pizza place and the driver was familiar with hotels in the area and said the one down the road was worse. Oh dear..

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Magick R
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Plastic bag illegally over smoke detector.
Dodgy wiring.
Hole in shower tiling.
Random groove ply walls.
Toilet running, wasting huge amounts of water, in the driest continent.
Yet priced like a nice motel.
Needs to be closed and refurbished, or maybe knocked down and rebuilt.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere. Even an Ibis Budget (Formula 1) is better than this, and cheaper.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Fred_27-MtVic
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lidcombe
Ibis Budget Sydney Olympic Park Hotel
Ibis Budget Sydney Olympic Park ...
#4 of 4 in Sydney Olympic Park
Waldorf Parramatta Apartment Hotel
Pullman at Sydney Olympic Park
Pullman at Sydney Olympic Park
#1 of 4 in Sydney Olympic Park

Been to Liberty Plains Motor Inn? Share your experiences!