“Seriously French!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We moved from Northbridge to Lane Cove this year and immediately started working our way through the local restaurants. We'd never considered Lane Cove as any kind of restaurant hub so we were pleasantly surprised to find a few gems which we now go back to regularly. The wonderful atmosphere and warm welcome you get at Le Simpatico is just an entrée to the authentic and lovingly prepared French food.
The girls who run the floor with their beautiful French accents are always attentive and friendly.
What a delight it is to have a quality french restaurant as a local!

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I went here to celebrate a birthday. The entrée was good. I had the pork belly with snails. My first time trying snails but the pork belly was delicious. There were a few spelling mistakes on the menu but it all added to the feeling of french authenticity in the end. Good addition to Lane Cove.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Four of us enjoyed a very happy evening at this restaurant to celebrate birthdays and an anniversary. The food was generally delicious and interesting and the service was excellent.The menu was short and easy to follow, though the English spelling was, well, innovative. It was also full of very tempting dishes: the kind of menu that made us want to come back to try more. We started with refreshing Kir Royal aperitifs. The bread with truffle butter was subtle and tasty. I ordered a seafood bisque. It was well balanced and the individual flavours of the seafood shone through, though I found the liquid a little watery and I thought it may have benefited from a little more reduction. We were served by two attentive waitresses. They were warm, polite, respectful and friendly without being at all obtrusive, and they really knew the food well and discussed it happily without being at all haughty. Both were fluent French speakers, not surprising as one was French and the other an Australian who had spent a long time in France. For me, the culinary highlight was the main course. I chose gargoulade: pork belly with speck and snails in a red wine broth. It was wonderful: delicious and soft. a mix of strong and subtle flavours. One of my companions had boeuf bourguignon, again very well prepared and clearly cooked slowly as the flavours were rich and developed and the meat was lovely and soft. We all also really enjoyed the green beans with butter and garlic that we shared. The crepes suzette for desert was served with a lovely orange and grand marnier sauce, but the crepes were a little too soft and thick for me. We also enjoyed the decor, particularly the chalk drawings and "graffiti" on the blackboard ceiling: made me want to lie on the floor to read it! I would love to visit this restaurant again: it took my mind back to some very pleasant experiences in French village restaurants.

2  Thank Peter M
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I have visited this restaurant on numerous occasions and every time it has been wonderful. The food is to die for and the staff are always friendly. The presentation of the meals is first class and the flavours are incredible. You can eat for $36 for entrée/main or main/dessert so it's brilliant value. I highly recommend Le Simpatico. Definitely worth a visit!!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We have been to this restaurant almost 19 times and never fails to impress.
Always changing the menu with the seasons means that food is always fresh.
Beef Tartan is one of my favorites but have a menu to cater for all tastes.
This is a great reasonably priced french restaurant with great service.
I will be back.