Killara Inn Hotel & Conference Centre
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quest North Ryde(North Ryde)
  • Room Service
Mantra Chatswood(Chatswood)
  • Fitness center
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstrain stationrooms are spaciouscustomer servicefree parkingpleasant staygreat value for moneyconvenient locationbit datedgreat jobeasy walkold styleservice stationindian restaurantnear futureclose to great restaurantslook forward to seeing you againthe room was nice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We booked the hotel online, I should have had a look of the reviews from trip advisor first!! It was a totally nightmare!! When I was booking I send them an email asking if there's after hour check-in or safe box for the keys, but they never replied the email.

We booked the hotel for one night on saturday. It says on it's website that they open 7 days till 11:30pm, so we had dinner with friends in town.

At 8:45pm, the reception guy called asking when would us check-in. We said we were still having dinner, would check-in probably in an hour and a half.

At 9:30, the guy called again asking the same question, and said he wanted to sleep. We were finishing our dinner and our friends suggesting to have dessert somewhere else, so we told the guy we would check in an hour two.

At 10:30, the guy called again!! We were chatting with friends, and after all his hassles we really lost the mood to have further talk with friends. The guy said our credit cards were refused, but we have plenty of money on our card!! (Then when we check-in, the guy found out it was his mistake that selected accounts other than savings!!)

At 11:30 we arrived at the hotel, the guy was not there, we rang the bell, the guy came out with an angry face. We finally checked in.

The room was ok, but the next morning:...

We asked for late check-out at the time we check-in, cuz we had a late night. The guy said not a problem. But the next morning, the guy knocked the door just twice, then he just opened the door by key while we were still in the bed!!!! That was unacceptable, totally rude!!!

He came in and had a long look into the fridge (mini bar), and made sure there were nothing being used, then said you must check-out in 15mins, otherwise there will be fees $40.

RUDE!! We packed up then checked out, and we just remembered we did ask the guy for late checkout, and he said ok!! What a forgetful person!! and RUDE!!

WE WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN, AND WE WILL TELL ANYONE WE KNOW NOT TO STAY THERE!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chels B
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Excellent Host/Manager Jeff always on hand to help out. These guys are spending a lot on the motel doing it up - they are hoping to have their 4 stars by the end of 2012. No road noise could be heard from the room, I stayed in a deluxe queen and found the room more than adequate for my purpose. It is a lot cheaper to stay here than in central Sydney and the trains (Lindfield station) is an easy walk. Restaurant served a good dinner and breakfast. So overall everything is here that someone would need. Would happily stay again.

Room Tip: Was more than happy with my deluxe queen room
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Peter D
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My wife and I were in Sydney for a 50th birthday party in St Ives and were looking for somewhere to stay close by. This fitted what we were after.
While the room is simply furnished it was fine for what we wanted. It was clean, the bathroom was ok and the bed, while a bit soft, was comfy. There was also a small sitting area.
Although on the highway the rooms are set back from the road and very quiet. They were painting the rooms at the time so some of the parking was not available.
Staff were friendly - my wife wanted real milk instead of the long life stuff and she was provided with a jug for tea/coffee.
And the best thing - I stay in a lot of hotels and while they generally have the foxsports channels, this motel also had the fox footy channel so I could watch some real football (the afl) during my stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Stayed here several time and being on a hightway i thought it would be noisey, no cant hear the traffic. The room are clean and comfortable.
Staff are friendly and helpful. We ate there and the food is Indian and was great. They could do a better breakfast then ceral and toast.

Room Tip: the rooms at the back are the better rooms
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Bluey_old_boy
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Decided to stay here because of TV advert. Well, if this is Golden Chains Pin-up motel, goodness knows what the rest are like. After an exhausting walk from the station, (never saw a taxi the 3 days that we stayed there), we found the hotel. After a long wait to be served at reception, we finally were attended to. The room that we had has a curtain, which is old and ripped and falling down. We asked for it to be re-hung and from the look we got from the man on reception, it seemed that this would never happen. IT NEVER HAPPENED. The net curtain underneath the curtain was dirty and ripped. Although the room looked tired but clean at a first glance, when the sun came around the dust could be seen under everything,i.e. the TV, bed, clock etc. The reverse cycle air conditioner was interesting. It did not work, the motor came on, but nothing happened and the fan grill was held up by cellotape!
You could not complain about the service,as there was none. On returning from a pleasant night out in Sydney we decided to have a drink and sat ourselves at the bar. Several staff were walking around who chose to ignore us. I was ready to go help myself when eventually a person did appear, who new nothing about serving alcohol and fiddled around asking other staff how much whiskey to put in the glass.
The final chapter was at check out.The male receptionist went off to add breakfast and drinks to our account. After 10 minutes he said " that's OK" and away we went. It was later that month that I found that missing items on the account had been added to the bill and withdrawn from my account after I left the motel. I was happy to pay as we had used those services, breakfast ( very basic) and the bar, but it would have been nice to have had all the bill presented when we left.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends