“Do not book here - Rudest Management since Basil Faulty”

Killara Inn Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Killara
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I booked a room here over the phone and then called 4 days before the date of the stay and cancelled. I was told when I called that they didnt have a record of my booking. I have since been charged for one night's accomodation and the fun really started when I called the motel to try and sort it out.
The man who answered the phone said he didn;t have time to deal with my enquiry and then started ranting at me, I mentioned that I would contact the Office of Fiar Trading and he screamed at me to 'go away".
If it was an honest mistake they should have fixed it, however given the total fob-off I received I believe they have found a good little money earner in not acknowledging cancellations and then charging you away.
Given the very poor reviews of the motel on TA, they probably don't have that many people actually staying there.
Interestingly, when I contacted Golden Chain the lady I spoke to knew who I was talking about, so I suspect that they have received aother complaints, but they also refuse to reinburse me.
There are enough warnings in the TA reviews to warn potential guests about this place, so I would suggest you stay away.

Room Tip: Find a room in another hotel
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank jodi06

Reviewed November 11, 2011

At first glance, everything looks okay, but then you start to notice the chipped paint, the threadbare sheets and the staff's lack of interest.
This is the third time I've stayed here, and I only keep coming back because the only other hotel I can find nearby – the Pymble Hotel – is simply dreadful. This place is bad, but not dreadful.
During previous stays (each 3 or 4 nights), no attempt was made to clean up my room during the entire time. The minibar was refreshed, but no cleaning took place.
This time, my bed was made, and my used towel and bath mat were removed – but not replaced! My bin had been emptied and then left in the middle of the floor with no plastic bin liner. When I tried to call reception to ask for a new towel and bath mat, I discovered that the phone in my room doesn't work.
Later, at breakfast, I found that the only table that wasn't covered in dirty dishes was laid for 8 people. Evidently, clearing tables is not a priority.
The staff here are only very reluctantly helpful, the food is very ordinary (plus the only time I had dinner here, the waitress spilled sauce all over my trousers) and there is no bin in the bathroom.
However, I will say that the bed is comfortable and the shower excellent.
Not the best, but I guess not the worst, either.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank kaffirlily
afrina, Manager at Killara Inn Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

The room booked by the Guest was a Standard room, where we have clearly mentioned at the time of making a resrvation, that the room won't be servised daily ( thus the tariff is cheaper and very economical). This type of room was introduced to at our establishment, keeping in mind the guest who stay at our hotel for hospital cases and long term basis, who look things beyond their economical capacity. we appreciate the feedback and look ahead for better service and detailed attention to those matters , the guest has adviced.

Reviewed January 17, 2011

Checked in with no problems. Rooms are clean. Motel located on the Pacific Highway but you cannot hear the traffic. Excellent motel for a quick stopover. Restaurant Food was delicious and reasonably priced. We ate there both nights. Best butter chicken ever.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 15, 2010

Stayed at the Killara Inn for two nights. This is an older 'motel', but the rooms are pretty clean. Bathrooms are good. They have a continental breakfast (not worth the money), and they charge you for every coffee you drink. It was the service, however, that was just shockingly bad. Uninterested would be a good word to describe the staff. I felt as though all of my interactions with the staff were seen as interruptions in their busy day. No one wanted to help us, and when they did, they were quite rude. Even when we tried to get drinks at the bar (and pay for them!), they were just not interested in us being there. I understand that accommodations in this area is probably limited, but an attitude adjustment would go a long way in fixing this place. Until this happens, I will never return nor recommend.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank PaulTheTravelGuy
Reviewed October 9, 2010

I travel a lot for business and have experienced a lot of different levels of service and hosptiality. This is the first time that I have been so disgusted with the attitude of the managment of a hotel to write a review on trip advisor. Because I am involved in the promotion and marketing of hospitality product I understand that "everyone" can have a bad day. But I would seriously question why this management of this hotel are involved in the hosptiality industry . I have never before encountered or witnessed over a couple of days such rude and unneccasary obnoxious behaviour towards guests. First I thought that perhaps it was just a case of a dislike for the conference group I was travelling with . But no the rudness and attitute extended to all the guests that I saw staff and managment interact with . It did not seem to matter whether it was a simple request for additional toast , or waiting 20 minutes to be served at the bar at 5pm when you where the only person waiting to be serviced. Or a new unexpected victim waiting to check in . If you are considering staying at this establishment .. I would strongly advise you to reconsider.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 17, 2010

Stayed here overnight for business. On entering I thought the room was quite good. The bed looked clean & that is about all I look for in cheap motels. Certainly didnt notice the dust that a lot of other reviewers have mentioned.

The decor isnt the most modern in the rooms. Reception looks great however, so hopefully they update the rooms eventually. But yes, I did have a comfortable nights sleep. It wasnt hot, so didnt have to use the AC though, so cant comment on that. Didnt notice much road noise.

The bathroom was clean enough, although the shower could do with some exit mould. It wasnt at disgusting levels, but it just these little details that a lot of cheaper motels miss out on. Also found it strange that there was a mixture of different soaps etc. It was almost like they were left behind by other travellers!

Staff were friendly enough and promptly brought out a reasonable quality iron & board when I asked for one in the morning.

My biggest gripe was the $12 breakfast. Definitely not worth it. The fruit, bread & pastries were stale and the coffee machine wasnt working. It tasted off, like another review mentioned. For the price of breaky, it definitely wasnt worth it. My advice would be to find somewhere else for breakfast.

I dont know the quality of other places in the area, so while I would recommend this place, Id also make clear its shortcomings. If you can get a cheap deal & arent staying long, then it is probably OK.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2010

To start with the rooms are very small and falling apart, the windows are dangerous and the timber is rotting. There was rubish on the landing outside the window.

The bed had no underlay covering the matteress, when you asked for extra towels they said you had to come and get it yourself.

The dust in the room was terrible. The bathroom is very small and slippery. The soap and shampoos supplied had been used and put back. They had not replaced them.

The outside and the website makes it look good but they are not showing the right rooms.

I would never star here again. No hospitality at all. No respect for customer service all they want is the dollar.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Killara
Meriton Suites North Ryde
Meriton Suites Chatswood
Mantra Chatswood
Mantra Chatswood
#3 of 5 in Chatswood

Been to Killara Inn Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!