“Dirty room”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kensington
Gymea, Australia
“Dirty room”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I will never stay at this hotel ever again. Now I know why their was no photos on the net of the rooms. Used soap on the shower floor. Air conditioning didn't work. Rather have slept in my car.
The hotel needs a full make over of internal and externals areas. The room rate is too high for the level of accomodation offered.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Narelle G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Where do I start! What's right with this place? The TV is new!. The cleaning lady who came to check our towels was lovely! The young man at reception in the morning was friendly. The restaurant is fantastic. (not sure if it's run by the same people). I'm afraid that's it.

The young man at reception when we arrived late in the evening was curt and surley and quite rude - most unfriendly at each occassion we ran into him.

And on we go!. You walk into reception and think - this is nice. Until you start ascending the stairs. Oh god!! The place is filthy, smelly, the carpet in the hallway sticky. The stair rails and doors have 10 years of dirt and grime stuck to them.

When we got to our room, we nearly walked out - there and then - except it was nearly midnight. The walls were covered in water streaks like they were weeping. The gold lamae curtains hung with half the clips on and half off. The kitchenette sink Flickmixer virtually comes out of it's hole and leans side ways. The cupboards, benchtops and surfaces are chipped and marked. The basin in the bathroom cracked. The bed was like a rock! There were 2 pillows and I'm sure the sponge cake I bake is thicker.

The chance meeting I had with an extemely large cockroach ended in his demise in the track of the sliding door. It was so big, I'm sure it growled at me!!!! He is still there...

The long life milk in the fridge was out of date. The lovely cleaning lady replaced it in the morning.

We were there with quite a number of other people in other rooms - so we know for a fact that this is not a one off room - their rooms were all like that. One of the other rooms even had an airconditioner that leaked and flooded the bunk bed.

We booked this venue (without Checking TripAdvisor - which I never do), because it was the only thing near the venue we were attending.

We booked this through Agoda and paid a whopping $155 per night - that puts salt in the wouund. This hotel is rated a 3 star. Not sure who does the ratings but they should be sacked!

My recommendation is - PLEASE DON'T DO IT - take a Taxi and travel a bit further away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Laine23

Travelers are raving about these Kensington hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Pros: close to UNSW, racecourse; balconies are a rare and very welcome amenity in a Sydney hotel; Chinese restaurant downstairs is FANTASTIC

Cons: rooms very average and vary widely in amenities; staff pretty unfriendly; average cleanliness; beds very uncomfortable; breakfast pretty poor

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Stephie_Roro
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I made the mistake of booking my wife and kids in this dump before I read the reviews - it was the closest we could get to a particular venue. What a shame they stayed. It would have been worth losing the deposit.

The room was old, tired and filthy. The floors were sticky and the place smelled of mould. The kids wouldn't sleep in the beds because the sheets were stained, and the curtains looked like they had blood spatters on them. The sliding door to the balcony wouldn't lock and the walls were filthy.

Room Tip: Don't even consider it. AVOID. The photos on the website DO NOT reflect the quality of the rooms...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This hotel was absolutely disgusting.
The place smells filthy, like mould and urine as soon as you get to the hall ways.
When we arrived our room had not been cleaned from the last people who stayed in there.
A sweaty lady came in an hour later to clean the room whilst we were in there. All she did was change the bed sheets and replace the towels and literally only took 5 minutes. The bathroom wasn't even touched. No wonder there were yellow stains in the showers, toilet and basins and there was brown stains down the walls and shower...
The service was awful from the moment we walked in the door. I booked for 2 nights, the man rudely told me I had only booked for one. After disagreeing with me several times, he tried to prove me wrong by giving me a copy of the booking confirmation. The booking he gave me was for a different night for a lady with a completely different name to me.. This was AFTER he had checked my ID to match it up to the booking confirmation...
Overall, filthy, vile and unsuitable to stay in!!!
Should be illegal to run such disgusting and unsanitary forms of accommodation.
The place wasn't even cheap...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MissDiam0nd
Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Staff friendly enough, but the place is filthy, dirty sticky, stained carpets, damp damaged units/tops in the rooms.

The bathroom exhaust fan had 1/2" of fluff stuck to it.

It was horrible

Never again

(PS I didnt choose the place - apparently it was convenient for the guy who did book it)

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ladas T
Goulburn, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Absolutely disgracefully dirty.From the time you walk into your room you smell stale wee ,you see dirty carpets,mildew bathroom,terrible discoloured towels,dirt behind doors,dirty stairs and it all makes you sick to think they can run this motel and charge the rates they do.If you read good reviews,they are lies.Stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Don't use any room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Debbie G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kensington
Veriu Randwick
Inner South
Meriton Suites Waterloo
Meriton Suites Waterloo
#21 of 178 in Sydney

Been to Addison's on Anzac? Share your experiences!