“Awesome” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Balmain, New South Wales, Australia
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Great food, great service, great atmosphere. The waiters were jovial whilst being professional. There were even crayons on the table to keep kids (or my boyfriend) entertained! What more could you ask for?!

Visited December 2012

Sydney, Australia
“No value on customers”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

My mum gave me a voucher for this restaurant and I was eager to try it. But every time I rang up a VERY rude man on the phone told me he was booked out as soon as I replied I had a voucher, i could not believe that he was so rude and I felt that he got his money from the voucher already so felt no need to be nice or even fit me in, I even tried to o for an obscure lunch time sitting to no luck.
Looking at the other reviews I am probably lucky that we didn't eat here in the end.
My mum made a complaint to the Living Social where got the voucher and we got our money back. Hopefully Livin Social wont have them on again

1 Thank mellzy
Singapore, Singapore
“You get what you pay for”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

This must be a 'voucher' restaurant, as based on reviews there's no other reason it would be full on a Saturday night.
Husband and wife family restaurant, struggle to cope withflacked house- I would suggest arrive and get your order in early.

Food was reasonable, small portions but good value considering amount the restaurant actually pockets from these voucher deals. Tagine meat very soft and falls off the bone. Entré and desert OK.

Wouldn't hurt to order something extra off the menu or show some gesture of thanks to the overworked owners.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do yourself a favour...don't go here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

This was possibly the worst dining experience of my life. We showed up last Sunday for our 12:30 booking and the restaurant was closed and padlocked! We called and they said their car had broken down and they'd be there soon. They came over an hour later. We left and went somewhere else and asked to use the voucher today instead. We went back today and again, closed! They came about 30 mins later and didn't even acknowledge us. We then sat at a filthy table. The settings were all dirty and the place smelt bad. We had a young boy with us and were told that unless we ordered a full meal for him we couldn't use our voucher for 2 people! Needless to say, we didn't end up trying the food and walked out. The man was the rudest restaurant owner I have ever seen. You could have been mistaken to think it was one of those prank shows on TV except that it wasn't!!! Terrible, awful, disgusting. We noticed the filthy cooking utencils and stoves as we left so at least we are still alive now and writhing in pain with food poisening. Seriously, do NOT go here.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Wendy P
Balmain, New South Wales, Australia
“Christmas Lunch 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

This restaurant is absolutely top class ! The service, the quality of the food - impeccable !The ambience of this restaurant stands alone , you could spend many hours here just enjoying the atmosphere, the great food, wine and service. Christmas Day was packed but the staff were all very calm creating a marvellous dining experience and all the while attending to every guest making sure their wine / water glasses were topped up . The meals were not rushed and there was ample time to enjoy and savour each course before the next arrived. I have dined here also for Lunch and Breakfast and on all occasions everything was still the highest standard ! Congratulations to all the Team there ! Keep up the excellent work !

Visited December 2012