“Fast service, good food”
Review of Cafe Birkenhead

Cafe Birkenhead
Ranked #33 of 64 Restaurants in Drummoyne
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: With a waterfront back drop, Cafe Birkenhead is a bustling cafe open from early in the morning until late afternoon. Why not skip breakfast at home and start your day here with freshly squeezed orange juice, eggs cooked to your liking, some of our homemade toasted sour dough bread and a freshly brewed coffee, or pop in during the day for a selection of delicious sandwiches, salads or pastas. Our friendly wait staff will provide 5 star service while you get to relax and take in the views. Cafe Birkenhead offers everything you are looking for to enjoy the perfect dinning experience; water views towards North Sydney, fully licensed with a wide variety of cocktails, beer, wine and spirits. We are child friendly and we cater for all types of dietary requirements with secure parking, free for the first 3 hours you can’t go wrong.
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

We had a good experience, had a wagyu burger and a chicken schnitzel between the two of us. Meals arrived quickly, presented well and were tasty. The polenta chips with the burger were a nice touch. Probably a tad high priced though

Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is a good spot for Sunday breakfast. Love the fresh fruit salad and pancakes if no one is looking. It's best when the owner delivers his five star touch to the coffee!i

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Quite surprised to see the poor reviews. Maybe I've been lucky but, after my fourth visit thought I should at least contribute something of my experiences.

On each occasion it's been a 12 noon early lunch with one or two acquaintances. Service was prompt and friendly, and the menu very comprehensive if perhaps a little pricier than you might expect for suburban Drummoyne.

The schnitzel is a house special and one of my favourites - big generous serves with a garden salad and chips plus a mushroom sauce. On my most recent visit I had the tiger prawns which were cooked in a tomato and garlic sauce and served with a slice of toasted french bread. My friewnds had the Seafood Seduction and grilled barramundi resepctively, all nicely cooked and served as well.

Our meal was finished with a cup of tea and it was no trouble to bring me extra hot water as I like my tea weak. There was also no complaint that we sat and chatted for over three hours including eating at a fairly leisurely pace.

It is certainly one of my favourite places for a business lunch - a very nice outlook and quiet enough to chat plus a good menu and quite reasonable service.

Really hard to explain why others don't seem to have been as lucky unless it's the time of day that they visited.

1  Thank philipargy
Reviewed August 24, 2012

You'll need to find your own menus and then find someone to serve you. What food that did arrive at the table was ok but we cancelled some meals due to the delay. I would never risk going here for a wedding or an important function

Reviewed March 12, 2012

We went back to this cafe for Sunday breakfast to try it again after a very long absence (as the service was previously poor). We were early and it wasnt very busy. Found a table and attracted attention of a waitress to let them know we were there. No menus were forthcoming so I went and found some but no-one came to take an order. 20 minutes later i went to find a waitress and order coffee and food. Our coffee finally came but was wrong so i asked if we could have another. (we simply wanted a strong flat white - the one we got was a very weak flat white). The next one came back but it was the same weak coffee (on the saucer and napkin now with coffee spilt all over it and the empty sugar packets we left on it). I took it back and asked if we could please have a 'strong' flat white. Its a simple enough request. The waitress who brought the third cup back was angry, belittlingly tapping her foot and insisting she would stand there while my husband tried the coffee and reported to her. We paid the bill and told them we wouldnt return. We both work in the hospitality and tourism industry and understand it can be testing so we try very hard to be patient but this was ridiculous. The food was ok but not worth the wait, the attitude or the battle for a decent coffee. Have learned our lesson and will never go back.

1  Thank Lozzoir