“For us was the best option in Sydney!”

Admiral Collingwood Lodge
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

The place is so beautiful, tidy and clean. The kitchen is big and so useful for us. We didn't want to spend money in restaurants and we cooked everyday.

Rooms are big and the beds extremely comfortable!
Despite they have shared bathroom they were always clean and ready to go, never had to wait.

The location is not a problem. Drummoyne is out from the city but you have several buses 5 mins walking from the house and it takes 20 minutes to the city center.

For last I want to say the owners are lovely. They helped us in everything we asked for.

A place to come back!

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Our family of 2 adults and 2 infants stayed in Admiral Collingwood Lodge for 2 weeks at the end of July/ early August. We were delighted with the accomodation and the welcome John Robert and Jen gave us. All our needs were catered for and more. Initally I was slightly concerned about the shared facilities; I shouldn't have been, every bathroom was spotless and the kitchen so well stocked and super clean. Over our two week stay I didn't have to wait to use a bathroom, nor did I meet anyone on the corridor. The house is newly renovated and very cleverly finished, marrying the old structure with new modern decor. The location was class, our room looked into the city- great view especially at night. We will definetly be returning to Admiral Collingwood on our next visit to Sydney. Thanks for everything John.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AnneDonnellan
averagebloke015, Owner at Admiral Collingwood Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

We are delighted, of course to get good reviews, so please don't stop.

However we are embarrassed to be ranked so highly on Trip Advisor. We have done our best to make Admiral Collingwood, as comfortable and attractive as possible. We do enjoy our guests and do what we can to make their stay pleasant. That's all. Please do not come to stay imagining anything magic. We will always seek to do our best, but please limit your expectations!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I did not expect such wonderful service and beautiful surroundings. I am from the States and wasn't sure what to expect however I never expected the fantastic welcome I received from John. He was so accommodating and went out of his way to insure we had everything we needed...from maps of the area, to the best places to eat. The lodge was updated, extremely clean, and most inviting. I only stayed one week but my daughter stayed a month and we are so thankful we chose Admiral Collingwood. I can't say enough about how wonderful and at home we felt! If you are in Sydney ~ Admiral Collingwood is a must! Thanks to John and all who made it such a wonderful visit! Wendy F

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Wendy F
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We were lucky to get in at very short notice, and had over a week there. Our son was in hospital and the Lodge proved to offer relief from concern when we got back to it each evening. It's been some time since we'd stayed in accommodation without en suite bathrooms and we were somewhat nervous about that aspect of things; but it proved to be a concern of no substance at all. In fact, we didn't see any of our fellow guests in the time we were there. A very high standard of cleanliness as well. The rooms were serviced weekly, so we made our own bed; similarly, towels were replaced weekly - I'm prepared to bet that we could have had that done more often, because our hosts were first-class.

Room Tip: The "De Luxe" room on the first floor has a magnificent view down harbour to the City, the...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank peterkar
averagebloke015, Manager at Admiral Collingwood Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

Thank-you Peter for your comments, we appreciate constructive comments as we want to improve our service. We now have our rooms serviced three times a week, with linen & towels changed as required, or at the guest's request. We are restoring the 1840s stables into two new rooms at the rear of the property; the work will be completed at the end of August. We aim to ensure our guest's comfortable and memorable stay at the Admiral Collingwood.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I recently stayed at Admiral Collingwood Lodge and was mightily impressed. Rob in particular was so helpful and obliging, and even though my very late arrival turned into an extremely late arrival, nothing seemed to be a problem. The room was spacious and clean, and very nicely presented. The bathroom I used was clean and fresh. It's location is very convenient and close to public transport. I very much enjoyed my stay here, and look forward to returning soon. Melanie

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I was lucky enough to stay in City view room. Great room with gorgeous view of the city at sunset & sunrise. Cheap @ twice the price;-). Rob & Jen are warm, welcoming & so helpful and the lodge is only 5 mins walk from buses & cafes. I'll be staying there whenever I'm in Sydney.

Room Tip: If can can afford to splash out go the City View Room. No ensuite but beautiful shared bathroom just...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Bronwyn C
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Fabulous, beautiful place to stay. Very obliging and caring owners Rob and Jen. Spotless accommodation, comfy beds, quiet and for those who admire historic buildings, this is the place to stay. Loved it, thanks. Liz (and family)

Room Tip: All are beautiful
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
averagebloke015, Manager at Admiral Collingwood Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2012

One of the best things about return guests at The Admiralty is that they become friends, rather than merely guests. We have been delighted to have Liz, here, initially on business and, later to be introduced to her whole family here on a subsequent pleasure trip.

We try our hardest, but it is not to everyone's taste - we seek to keep a homely atmosphere.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Drummoyne
Veriu Central
The Rocks
Sydney Harbour YHA
Sydney Harbour YHA
#2 of 149 in Sydney

Been to Admiral Collingwood Lodge? Share your experiences!