“Wonderful”

Admiral Collingwood Lodge
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Wonderful”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Found this hidden gem by chance. The facilities are very stylish, and the hospitality is second to none. Will definately return many times.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
averagebloke015, Manager at Admiral Collingwood Lodge, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Wynne and her friends arrived utterly bedraggled as a Sydney rainstorm did its best to drown them. However nothing could drown their enthusiasm. We wanted them to stay for ever as they lit up the Lodge and our lives.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Moree, Australia
Reviewed June 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this charming lodge for three nights recently and highly recommend it. It is a beautiful building in a quiet street, with very affable hosts. Our room was clean, comfy, well fitted out- (even had bathrobes!), and the bathrooms are easily accessible with modern facilities. A short walk to the supermarket and bakeries, we cooked for ourselves in the fully-equipped lodge kitchen a couple of times.So close to the city and ferries/rivercats this gem will not be hidden for long. We will most definitely be return customers.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Nella2012
averagebloke015, Manager at Admiral Collingwood Lodge, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
We love our country visitors. So straight-forward and easy to deal with - and they say such nice things. They also kindly fail to mention the wretched onion weed in our garden, against which we are committed to a desperate war of attrition to the death and not (yet) winning.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We stayed for two weeks in the Admiral Collingwood Lodge and had a very good time.
Everything is recently renovated and new. The bathrooms are modern and clean. Small lovely details everywhere made us feel like home. To explore the city it is just a few minutes walk to the ferry and a big shoppingcenter is in walking distance too.
We definitly would stay there again!
Bas & Anne from Germany

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bastian R
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I go to Sydney fairly often on biz and I guess I get tired of staying in overpriced, generic hotels like the Westin. I was referred to this place by another american friend who had stayed there recently and raved about it.

The room was huge and has real charm. Lots of old world charm but with modern convenience. Incredible views of the city at sunset and sunrise. I would happily stay for months as it felt like a home. Staying there made me realize how awesome Sydney is.

I took the ferry to my firm's offices in Circular Quay every morning. It was a sub-15 minute ride on the ferry and the wifi was super convenient. What a refreshing way to start a busy working day. The ferry is just a short stroll down the hill from the Admiral. Sure beats taking the subway!

The whole stay was relaxed and quiet. Everything available and well maintained - washing machines, kitchen etc. I think it had been renovated recently. The rooms don't have ensuites but there seemed to be plenty of bathrooms and the one I used always spotless and modern. I was the only person using it from what I could tell.

I also went on some great hikes around the harbor foreshore. It's really close to balmain which is full of awesome restaurants and bars.

What could be improved? I guess having a gym there would've been nice, but running along the harbor definitely made up for it!

This place was amazing value particularly compared to staying at a hotel and a million times more relaxing and authentic. Double thumbs up from NYC! Will stay again for sure!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank hugh_uws
london
Reviewed May 18, 2012

The Admiral Collingwood lodge was a relaxing option for my 6 day stay in Sydney. I was extremely jet-lagged the first day and was very pleased to find a comfortable, quiet and clean room to come home to. The building is on a residential street with very easy access to the city via Ferry (it´s only a few minutes walk from Sydney harbor). Staff were friendly and rooms are cleaned daily.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank ab2012London
cooroy qld
Reviewed April 30, 2012

The property has been recently renovated. My stay was surprisingly comfortable & the staff were obliging & helpful. Walking distance to everything & ferry to city was great.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank malcolm a
averagebloke015, Owner at Admiral Collingwood Lodge, responded to this review, May 12, 2012
Delighted you enjoyed it, we certainly enjoyed having you stay. Do come back.
Cooroy Mountain
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I recently stayed in the Admiral Colingwood over Easter, and this delightful old Victorain Mansion, was still having the final touches completed for a total overhaul. The new managers are busy turning this character home into a delightful warm and charming residencei n which to stay while visitiog Sydney. Our room was huge,with high ceilings and the origianl old fireplace.It also boasted views of the city and harbour glimpses. The beds are super comfortable and everything is very clean. Although we did not have an ensuite bathroom, a very attractive large bathroom was available just down the hall, and it seemed that we had it virtually to ourselves. Small attention to details were made, such as providing dilly bags for guests to carry thier necisities to the bathroom. Apart from the facilities provided in the rooms the property has large wide hallways with Persian carpet runners and a very well equipped communal kitchen, with a delightful terraced garden opening off it at the rear. The garden was not quite completed while we were there, but I could see attractive large Italian style pots and sandstone flagging being installed, so I can imagine it will be a charming area to enjoy a cup of coffee when completed. I really felt I had found a home away from home.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Prunella A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Drummoyne
Central Business District
Ovolo Woolloomooloo
#1 of 178 in Sydney
Bounce Sydney
#3 of 139 in Sydney

Been to Admiral Collingwood Lodge? Share your experiences!