“Fantastic food, quick and friendly service - will become a staple!”
Review of Malabar Crows Nest

Malabar Crows Nest
Ranked #10 of 192 Restaurants in Crows Nest
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sydney
“Fantastic food, quick and friendly service - will become a staple!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is a gem of a restaurant in Crows Nest. All the food is beautiful. Shared between four people, we had two different kinds of mini roti which came with two different accompaniments (the two minis were recommended to share between us, and this was enough for a taste of each), the excellent and moreish spinach chat and the chilli chops (not very chilli). For mains we had a delicious butter chicken - which I usually avoid ordering but I had eaten it at their sister restaurant in Darlinghurst and it was amazing so I thought we should order it - a lovely lamb dish and some spicy prawns (which were ordered hot but were actually milder than this). The service was fast and friendly - I was wondering why we were not given a dessert menu after finishing the meal but then I found out that one of our party had slipped off and paid the bill without anyone noticing!

This restaurant is a real treat at fairly affordable prices for Indian in this area.

• Visited January 2013

Sydney, Australia
“Very yummy food, great decor & amazing service!!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

This is our favourite Indian restaurant in Sydney!! My husband have been many times and will continue to go as the service food and restaurant decor are all fantastic. Recommend starting with mini dosi they are fabulous. It is always sparkling clean and so welcoming even when just walking in with no booking. Always lots of people in this restaurant which is a great sign in this area as the are a lot of restaurants. Love love love it!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Dont Miss Malabar”
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Each time we stay with family in Wollstonecraft, we walk up to Malabar. When we have eaten at the restaurant, the service was excellent as was the food; when have ordered take away, the food was delicious. Malabar has been consistent over the years which is why it is still filled with diners when other places on the same block have closed.

Sydney, Australia
“Very good South Indian”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We go there regularly. Quality is consistent, and service is very good. Their strength is the South Indian dishes, especially the Dosa, which comes into a variety of options. While I like the usual Punjabi fare, this this offers something more.

• Visited December 2012
Sydney
“Awesomely authentic! One visit is never enough!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

I am so lucky to have this as my local Indian restaurant and probably eat here once every 6 weeks at least! It's South Indian cuisine and having eaten my way around the menu, I can safely say that everything is delicious! The dosais are particularly good. Service is always spot on; efficient and friendly. This place is so good, it's always busy, so my advice is, book ahead! It's also BYO wine and the lovely minty chocs they bring at the end are truly delicious!