“pretentious”
Review of Garfish

Garfish
Ranked #7 of 195 Restaurants in Crows Nest
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our focus is on serving the freshest fish available at a reasonable price for the ultimate seafood dining experience. Free parking (2 hrs Mon - Sat and all day Sun) is available in the council car park 50 metres from our Crows Nest restaurant.
“pretentious”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Its an irritation when a restaurant will arrogantly place people on a wait list after 6:30pm and assume that you'll just "hang around" like a hungry dog, for a call to "have your dinner"; you have 15 minutes to arrive after the call.

We WERE planning to meet friends there but this sort of arrangement is useless if youre travelling from anywhere other than the suburb.

• Visited August 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“Wild Caught Wonderful”
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a fish restaurant with a good selection of fresh wild caught fish. They took a short notice booking and The staff were well informed and helpful, service was prompt and efficient. The selection of daily specials was great.
I had the yellowtail tuna, slightly rare, tender and tasty with roasted veg and chips - simple and delicious.
I would definitely try them again

Visited August 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Very good seafood restaurant”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is our favourite local restaurant. Always nice healthy food. They know how to prepare seafood! We usually go with our two boys, 5 and 7 as they also have a simple kids menu. Good service, never had been disappointed! Thanks Garfish for being so close from home, so we can walk there and have some wine too!
There are different types of dishes, I like the simple fish of the day, because is lighter and healthier.. But it also has some more complex dishes, very nice are richer in taste. I love the snapper pie, specially if is cold and if I am very hungry.
If you like seafood this place will not disappoint you.

• Visited July 2013
Garfish_Restaurants, Public Relations Manager at Garfish, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Glad you and your family enjoyed your experience, we love to see familiar faces dining with us!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovley food...”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have always enjoyed the food in this Restaurant. it is perfectly cooked and presented and never a fault. Never ever. Hats off to the chef for the immaculate oysters!!! Dinner many times, breakfast twice and coffee desert a few times also.

I would only recommend that the wait staff be a bit friendlier after you are seated. It's like the female staff are all smiles before you enter and then it is a mad rush to have you in and out so fast...

I've tried having a business meeting brunch here but whoa the staff move your books and note pads and pens out of the way just so they can do their job! Come on, get out of my way! I chose your restaurant and if I wish to have a meeting then this is saying something special about your place. It's quiet, immaculately presented that I will go there for this reason, even if it is a bit pricey for a brunch or mid afternoon meeting. We do keep you in a job! Think about that!

Visited October 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I caught up with some friends from Brisbane here just before Christmas. It was a lovely summer’s afternoon. We sat outside and had the oysters to start. What is good about the menu is that it is not all fish, as my one mate is a beef kinda guy. By the way, he said his steak was very good. My fish of the day was fresh, delicate and very well prepared. We had the wine that was recommended by the waitress, a French Rosé which went well with the fish and the steak.
A great space, as you can have a chat, watch the world go by and have a great meal.

Visited December 2012