“Classy fare at reasonable orices”
Review of The Burlington - CLOSED

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I went here with two friends for Saturday night dinner. We hadn't booked but the owner recognised my companions and found us a table. The restaurant is long and narrow and must have once been a semi-detached house as we were seated in one of the "rooms" towards the back which gave a nice cosy atmosphere. I was impressed by the reasonable menu prices (about $40 fir entree and main) and I had the chicken liver parfait to start and the pork chop as mains. I think the owner wants people to use it as their "local" hence the prices, but there's nothing pub-like or pedestrian about the food and the service is superb, toasting more brioche at no charge tio with the remaining pate. They also have a great wine list and we got to sample an odd but interesting Argentinian wine which was surprisingly briny. I would definitely go there again.

Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

We often eat here whilst in Sydney. The atmosphere and service is excellent. A real exciting place to go with friends/ family.I have recommended this place to many friends and always give the thumbs up. The steak is perfectly cooked and great wine selections.
You won't be dissapointed.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

While Crows Nest has many many restaurants it does not have many "fine dining" establishments, A very good place to take those when you need to impress, great food and a very good wine selection too.

Save room for the deserts. This restaurant also seems to be more highly favoursed by the boys and those who like their meat (though my daughters also love), the courses are substantial!

Reviewed April 13, 2012

My partner and I came here based on the menu in the window. Her meal was ok but my meal was possibly the worst steak (sirloin) I have ever had, left most of it on the plate with no question as to why... There are a lot better restaurants in crows nest!

1  Thank Circumnavigator222
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Burlington continues to provide well produced food at reasonable prices. We've been here a number of times since it opened a few years ago. They've recently tweaked the menu, but it is best for an excelent steak with frites. Service from the floor is good and professional but we have found that the kitchen can be very slow. It was again on our last visit and although a Friday night the restaurant was far from full. An eclectic wine list offers plenty of choice.